• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone here play Red Orchestra?
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM,
Anyone here play Red Orchestra?
Just purchased it through Steam and can't wait to give it a go when I get home from work! :)

I've never really been into First Person Shooters and have only played the occasional game of Counter Strike against friends over LAN back in the day but the stress on realism and teamwork of this game really attracted me. Plus aside from the original Eastern Front setting, there are already mods for Normandy and North Africa!

Anyone here play or have played this game? Which servers do you frequent/ recommend?
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2008, 10:56 PM,
RE: Anyone here play Red Orchestra?
I used to play it quite a lot in 2007. It's a good game in its genre. Mostly I played on the TWB servers.
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM,
I use to play RO too at The Wild Bunch servers , i love Ro and his Iron sight weapons , much better than aim with the mouse cursor , and the infantry/vehicles combination rocks a lot , even with his strange armor hit points .
[Image: panzerschreck.gif]
07-28-2008, 02:43 PM,
Yup, can't keep away no matter how much I hate it.

FPS + History = Bollocks. Too much run-n-gun; there are seldom if ever any squad tactics to speak of, unless every nationality is meant to resemble Japanese "I'll distract them by absorbing bullets while throwing a sachel charge while you spray fire all 89 rounds from you SMG at a dead run while weaving through rubble terrain!" tactics. The maps are very limited, the graphics ancient, a game takes forever to load, the connection is often funky, limitations on weapons means you'll probably NEVER get the sniper rifle, you can carry only two grenades at a time so there's no such thing as a grenadier, the time limits are wierd and lack of destroyable terrain makes a WWII game less than historic at best.

I'm generally on 3-5 times a week, RtR or Old Farts (or whatever they're called) or whatever server has the best ping.

As I said, I hate it and can't stay away. I think the word is addicted.
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo