• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Direct connect play tool (hamachi)
07-26-2008, 09:57 AM,
Direct connect play tool (hamachi)
I have recently known about this little utility called Hamachi and found it really helpful in stablishing valid IPs between the players connected with it. The time needed to play one of these games is bigger in comparison to normal pbem but the satisfaction is also much greater as you can see online what's happening. No doubts about the results either. I'm comtemplating supressing 100% pbem play and substitute it with this feature in the few games my spare time allows me to play.

Good night!
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2008, 10:41 AM,
RE: Direct connect play tool (hamachi)
What would be cool would be a server set up by an organization (HPS or the Blitz say) that is funded by the players. The players would log on and play their move and its all held on the server. If they need to save and resume later the file is held on the server. So there would be no 'doubts' about results. I am sure it could be set up, just a matter of cost I would think. I would certainly pay for such a service if it was set up. It would still pretty much function as PBEM but the game is played via a server. No impropriety would be possible.
07-26-2008, 01:32 PM,
Good idea anyways but the problem comes when you have to pay for something that normally is free. However, the individual cost could be fairly low if suficient players sign in the service.
07-27-2008, 06:59 AM,
Ive used Hamachi and it works great. online play is the best IMo. drop me a line if you wish to try. ICQ27609820
07-27-2008, 10:50 AM,
Pretty busy atm, but we can arrange something in the near future. Drop me an e-mail to debate details please :kill::)

Komandant von Waldenburg