• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bunkers as obstacles
07-18-2008, 08:33 AM,
Bunkers as obstacles
BUNKERS AS OBSTACLES

They can be real pests at blocking roads across bridges or through woods etc even after they've been knocked out.
Here I've plotted the PzIVF2's straight through one to see what happens-
[Image: bunka.gif]

They flatly refuse to try squeezing round it, and instead auto-plot their own route to look for another way across the river. The 3 at the back concertina'd into each other and are freaking..
[Image: bunkc.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM,
RE: Bunkers as obstacles
But in this next test, I've carefully tried plotting the tanks to squeeze around each side of the wrecked bunker without bumping it or toppling into the river. (The poor slob on the road is the knocked-out bunkers crew)
[Image: bunkf.gif]

Bingo it works! (except for the one at the back who's stopped and freaking out for some reason, maybe I plotted him a shade too close to the bunker or the edge of the bridge, or maybe he's on skunk, I dunno)
[Image: bunkg.gif]

CONCLUSION - You CAN plot your medium tanks around a bunker on a dirt road/ medium bridge and most will get past.
07-18-2008, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2008, 08:36 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
BUNKER ON DIRT ROADS IN WOODS

First, I plotted the tanks straight through the trashed bunker to see what'd happen..
[Image: bunkb.gif]

This is what happened, they bumped into it, jammed their brakes on and began milling around whistling Dixie....
[Image: bunkd.gif]

But a turn later some began getting their act together and were auto-plotting around the bunker but with a lot of bumping and grinding into each other..
[Image: bunke.gif]

So in this next test I tried carefully laying these plots to take them around the bunker..
[Image: bunkh.gif]

Bingo, it works! They all get past except for one who freaked for some reason and began bouncing around like a crackhead in a padded cell, there's always one..
[Image: bunki.gif]

CONCLUSION - You CAN carefully plot your medium tanks around a bunker on a dirt road in woods and most will get past..
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM,
DIAGONAL BUNKER TESTS

Placing a bunker diagonally on bridges and on the woods road like this still isn't guaranteed to block the roads.
These tests show that if you plot your movement lines with extreme care and accuracy, the PzIV's CAN get past.
WARNING- Nevertheless,no matter how carefully you plot any type of tank, there's always the risk that he'll clip the bunker and/or the woods or bridge edge and jam his brakes on, causing a big traffic jam as he starts bouncing around..

BRIDGE, the tanks get through
[Image: bunk-4-bri.gif]

WOODS, the tanks get through
[Image: bunk-4-wood.gif]

I even tried the tests with Tigers and they got through too.
Note the Tiger hanging its tracks in thin air as it passes the bunker on the bridge in the inset, funny..:)
[Image: bunk-tigs.gif]