• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game Challenge
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM,
RE: Team Game Challenge
I have been intrigued by the idea of a team game, and came close to partnering with someone I knew well, but then he just dropped from sight!?

It's a great concept on paper, but everyone needs a partner they can rely on to keep the action moving.

Possibilities......
1 runs armor and 1 runs infantry
1 controls half the forces after 1 flag, the other controls the other half..
Etc......

A good team game could be good fun!
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2008, 01:46 PM,
Mad Baron Wrote:1 controls half the forces after 1 flag, the other controls the other half..
Etc......

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This scenario has 12 flags on the map. If you're only going after one flag in this battle you aren't going to like the end results. Big Grin :whis:

Good Hunting.

MR
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM,
Phil Davies and I will team and play you two...if you want...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM,
Mikey, Der Kuenstler and Phil Davies have come forward as the first two person team. TAGCM volunteered but without teammate. Should we start a team game with Der Kuenstler and Phil and consider another team game if TAGCM finds a mate?

Bloody road is fine with me, I have not played it.
07-19-2008, 12:44 AM,
Mad Baron Wrote:I have been intrigued by the idea of a team game, and came close to partnering with someone I knew well, but then he just dropped from sight!?

It's a great concept on paper, but everyone needs a partner they can rely on to keep the action moving.

Possibilities......
1 runs armor and 1 runs infantry
1 controls half the forces after 1 flag, the other controls the other half..
Etc......

A good team game could be good fun!

Who does what on the team is up to the team but normally I think the map is geographically divided in half or whatever and forces apportioned depending on whether one side or other is weighted depending on the mission. For example, in our game, we could decide that Mikey is the main effort and will have preponderance of forces while Herroberst conducts supporting attacks or holds firm on a flank or something like that.
07-19-2008, 01:33 AM,
Quote:Mikey, Der Kuenstler and Phil Davies have come forward as the first two person team. TAGCM volunteered but without teammate. Should we start a team game with Der Kuenstler and Phil and consider another team game if TAGCM finds a mate?

Sure. Sorry Tagcm.

Quote:Who does what on the team is up to the team but normally I think the map is geographically divided in half or whatever and forces apportioned depending on whether one side or other is weighted depending on the mission. For example, in our game, we could decide that Mikey is the main effort and will have preponderance of forces while Herroberst conducts supporting attacks or holds firm on a flank or something like that.

I figured that our forces would be divided evenly in half, with reinforcements arriving evenly to both of us... That way we both have similar forces, and an equal share of the responsibility of victory. ;)
07-19-2008, 01:35 AM,
I have played Bloody Road as the Russians already, if that makes a difference. Also, perhaps it can be arranged that I send my files to Phil or to Mikey as Herroberst does not seem to get my files through PBEM helper.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-19-2008, 02:16 AM,
Quote:I have played Bloody Road as the Russians already, if that makes a difference.

Ok, We'll be Russians.

Quote:Also, perhaps it can be arranged that I send my files to Phil or to Mikey as Herroberst does not seem to get my files through PBEM helper.

Sure. Make your moves after Phil, then you can send the file to me.
07-19-2008, 02:54 AM,
Mikey Wrote:
Quote:Mikey, Der Kuenstler and Phil Davies have come forward as the first two person team. TAGCM volunteered but without teammate. Should we start a team game with Der Kuenstler and Phil and consider another team game if TAGCM finds a mate?

Sure. Sorry Tagcm.

Quote:Who does what on the team is up to the team but normally I think the map is geographically divided in half or whatever and forces apportioned depending on whether one side or other is weighted depending on the mission. For example, in our game, we could decide that Mikey is the main effort and will have preponderance of forces while Herroberst conducts supporting attacks or holds firm on a flank or something like that.

I figured that our forces would be divided evenly in half, with reinforcements arriving evenly to both of us... That way we both have similar forces, and an equal share of the responsibility of victory. ;)

I haven't looked at the file or map yet - will let you know if a 50/50 split makes tactical sense to me. The terrain might suggest a different approach but I also don't want to make this too difficult.
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM,
Mikey Wrote:Howdy Hedgehog.

Well,
It'll be a new challenge for me as well,
but as I understand it....

The turn sequence would be:
-Mikey plots the moves orders of his forces.
-Mikey saves the file.
-Mikey sends the save file to Herroberst, including his password.
-Herrobest loads up the save with password.
-Herroberst plots moves for his forces.
-Herroberst presses go, and sends the PBEM file...

Same sequence for you guys.

I think I'll make some slight modifications to the map (Setup Zones, Reinforments Markers, Starting Positions...) to further accentuate the property of a divided map, to make it easy to keep track of whose forces are whose... But that would need to be decided on before the game: What is whose...

Mikey

Thanks for the low down on that matey

Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING