• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ placement
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM,
HQ placement
Whenh I deploy my HQs on smaller maps, I tend to bunch them up. For example, if I have 2 divisional HQs close together, and no other div. HQ scattered somewhere else, I'll stack both Div. HQ right behind the front line with their corps HQ. Does this benefit me? Is it realistic to have rear area HQs sharing space with divisional HQs?
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2008, 03:34 AM,
RE: HQ placement
Well the closer a Hq is to the next higher Hq in the chain of command the better, so there is a benefit.

If you have a look through the examples in the manual of the effect that distance has on the command calculation, the benefit becomes obvious. :)
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM,
Vaevictis Wrote:Whenh I deploy my HQs on smaller maps, I tend to bunch them up. For example, if I have 2 divisional HQs close together, and no other div. HQ scattered somewhere else, I'll stack both Div. HQ right behind the front line with their corps HQ. Does this benefit me? Is it realistic to have rear area HQs sharing space with divisional HQs?

Put your cursor inthe hex with the Div HQ
Highlight the HQ
Press the V key (if Divisional Markers are not on)
Press the H Key to turn on HQ radius

Now consider where you HQ is in relation to those units - try to have as many units of that division in the highlight radius - and place the div HQ in the most optimal position WHILE ALSO looking at how safe the position is. That is do not put it right behind the front line in potential harms way if you can place it a few hexes back and still highlight the same number of units.

Next - press the Q Key - to highlight all HQ (put them on the top of your stacks - at least I do - makes them easier to spot)

Then, locate and highlight the Corps HQ
With the Corps HQ highlight toggle on and off the O key (for the Organization) and the the Q Key.

Place or move the Corps HQ where as many of the HQs that answer to that HQ are within the highlighted range. Flipping between Q and O will ID for you the HQs in question. I see no advantage to putting a Corps HQ in harms way when a safer hex to the rear can be found.

These are only general rules and I am sure al kinds of guys could give you examples which would be exceptions to these - but it is what I try to do anyway - hope they help.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-18-2008, 05:21 PM,
Thank you very much, the advice helps.