• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Masters Tournament
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2008, 01:15 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE: The Rumblings of War
Lord Bane Wrote:MR,
A few questions.
-This sounds like another version of the KOTH2 tournament which is currently winding down. Is this along those lines?

The KOTH tournaments are single gamers matched up with other single gamers. This will be site related. The idea at the moment is to have gamers from all sites to be matched against other gamers from other sites.

To clarify that a bit let me give an example.

10 gamers from Blitz sign up.

12 gamers from GS sign up.

7 gamers from WaW sign up.

15 gamers from WeBoB sign up.

The 10 gamers from the Blitz would be assigned to fight gamers from each of the other sites. 1 to 1. That would end up looking something like Blitz players would have 4 members in battles with GS gamers, 3 members in battles with members from WaW and 3 battles with members from BoB.

The members from Blitz would not all play the same side as well. Some would be Axis in a give scenario and some would be Allied. That way if a scenario was over balanced the site would have members playing both sides. That will be split as equally as I can make it.

Quote: -When you say that only designers who have designed a scenario which got a 10 for a rating are submitting material, I am assumiung this is not the scenario that they rated a 10 on in the first place. If that is the case, are we the playtesters?

That's right. These are new never before seen scenarios.

In the KOTH tournaments I "qualify" scenarios for those tournaments. I playtest them all, whether they are mine or other designers, to make sure they are balanced.

In this tournament I'm doing nothing more than supplying a single scenario and organizing it. When the scenario designers send me their scenarios and tell me it's ready I'm taking them at their word. Again, since they have all had scenarios which earned a 10 or better rating at The Scenario Depot II they know what they need to do when playtesting a scenario. That's the assumption I'm going on for this tournament until I see differently.

The tournament gamers will not be the playtesters. The group of designers as a whole is playtesting the scenarios as needed but many of the designers have their own playtesters. I've received more than one that I was told did not need further playtesting. One scenario I saw listed 4 playtesters.

Independant playtesters are not allowed to be in the tournament.

Quote: -Since these scenarios are going to be brand new and against other club members too, then I am guessing none of them are reportable on the Blitz ladders?
Lord Bane

That I can't tell you. Is there a format for playing interclub gamers and reporting the games here? Or would they just be reported as shadow players?

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2008, 08:31 AM,
MR,

I'm ready to sign up for this. Is it still scheduled to begin sometime in September?

Jim~Guderian
08-31-2008, 01:56 PM,
There are more CM clubs out there than just WaW, GS, WeBoB and Blitz. I could use the contact information for any and all CM sites that you know of with active members.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM,
Guderian Wrote:MR,

I'm ready to sign up for this. Is it still scheduled to begin sometime in September?

Jim~Guderian

Good Hunting.

MR
09-02-2008, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM by Mad Russian.)
The time for war has come..............this being the 69th anniversary of the start of WWII we have chosen this time to open a new chapter in wargaming as well. We have created a new website that will be for wargaming, history and intersite tournaments. We are starting with CM but don't intend to limit the intersite tournaments to any single game. The new site is called War and Tactics.

The tournament is the Master's Tournament.

To register for the tournament you need to go to the new War and Tactics site and register.

http://warandtactics.info/board/ucp.php?...d1cd26f3ad

Once you are registered....

Go to the Index Page.

Find the Forum labeled - Games: TOYS FOR BIG BOYS

The second forum down is Combat Mission: the "Masters Tournament".

Once you enter the forum you will find three subforums. The first is General Discussion Masters Tournament: axis & allied. Enter that subforum.

There are two threads inside.

The first thread you should look at is The Master's Tournament Information thread. This thread explains everything about the tournament. All about the scenarios, how each round is to be played, who will be matched up against who and how, how long the rounds are, what kind of elimination process will be used, the scoring system.....in short.....everything there is to know about the tournament.

Until some of you come up with questions I hadn't thought of....then those answers will be in there as well.

After reading through the information thread you can go to the Master's Tournament Sign Up Thread. There I will need 3 things from you.

1) Your email address.

2) What your CM nickname is.

3) What club/site you will be representing in the community.

This is a community event but as you will read in the information thread you will be scored both as a team and as individuals. When the tournament is finished we will know which site has done the best and which gamer has done the best as well. I expect to see competition from all the sites to be very intense. I've played some of the scenarios in the tournament and they are going to test all of your skills.

Registrations will be from 1 September through 10 September. I'll then set the tournament and have the assignments in your email by 15 September.

Good Luck to you all and Good Hunting.

MR
09-02-2008, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 12:56 AM by Mad Russian.)
Those that choose to represent the Blitz in this tournament should post here as well to let the site know who you are.

The Blitz likes doing medals so they could probably be talked into a Masters Tournament participation award. Then, of course, if you come in the top 3, either as the site with the best gamers or as one of the best 3 individual gamers I'm sure there could be awards for that too!

Good Luck in the tournament and Good Hunting.

MR
09-02-2008, 03:12 AM,
Steve,

Can you post a link to this site please !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-02-2008, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2008, 05:39 AM by Mad Russian.)
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:Steve,

Can you post a link to this site please !

Sorry, there is a link in the original post but I forgot to bold it.

Here it is again as well:

http://warandtactics.info/board/ucp.php?...d1cd26f3ad

Good Luck in the tournament and Good Hunting.

MR
09-02-2008, 03:58 AM,
MR,

For some reason, your link doesn't work. This is the web address I used:

http://warandtactics.info/

Jim~Guderian
09-02-2008, 05:41 AM,
Guderian Wrote:MR,

For some reason, your link doesn't work. This is the web address I used:

http://warandtactics.info/

Jim~Guderian

That works.

I put the whole address up there for anyone that wants to go in direct.

Good Hunting.

MR