• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

But - how significant are the new changes
07-17-2008, 12:25 AM,
RE: But - how significant are the new changes
Ivan Wrote:Talonsoft were a joke when it came to support for this game. People used to plead with them on their message board and you would be lucky for a two word reply a month later. I've never seen a company like Matrix in terms of support. If anything they are in danger of trying to please too many people and could end up pleasing no one. I'm all for leaving the decisions to a small group of people who understand the principles of wargaming and have a vision for the game. I'm sure John Tiller didn't design the thing based on the whims of lobby groups. Democracy stinks:) It's ok to liisten to feedback but you just can't incorporate every and any idea.

I fear too many options and back tracking etc. will simply leave a mess of a game that no one can agree on. It will also undermine the ladder system as you could in effect be playing very different games in terms of balance so the ladder would not be a true reflection of ability.

As for people worrying about scenarios being unbalanced with the new rules, how many scenarios are truly balanced at the moment? I can't imagine it would be difficult to tweak a few scenarios and the new rules might breathe new life into some that were completely unbalanced. It fresh air for me.

Dang. Well said - my sentiments exactly.
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2008, 03:54 AM,
I guess you are all right?
07-17-2008, 05:23 AM,
Members members you do not have to install the new version but do what i have done ie install 102 on drive c and 103 on drive d that way you can please yourself who and how you play.If you dont have a second drive just rename the game before instaling ie Matrix103.Remember a lot of hard work by certain poeple have gone into this to try and keep the game going so dont bring done all their hard work and effort.Granted some things you wont like but in time these issues will be sorted out with the next patch in a previous message by Jason.Most of the new things were designed for the scenario designer like Earl etc as Jason mentioned.Please remember this game will die if new scenarios units etc are not included be patient and see what happens.
07-17-2008, 05:45 AM,
John,

I wish I could share your optimism.
New scenarios, new units, cheating limiters, and bug free with support would have been enough.
Changing the core of the game both in variable visibility and the new/old assault rules, was just a bit much for my taste.

I also thought the strength of the game was both due to the way the game played and the fact that almost everyone used the same version. I may be proven wrong in the long run. I just thought the game was fine without the changes they made. Believe me, I love the improvements. I jsut don't like the changes and probably never will.

I know there was good intentions on the part of the Matrix crew. We all should know that?
07-17-2008, 05:47 AM,
I guess you are all right?

Not that ED............just trying to talk you into still playing :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-17-2008, 05:50 AM,
I'll play the games I have going and hope that those who discontinued games will want to finish up. After that I will see.

I'm still waiting on our teamgame opponents! ;)
07-17-2008, 06:18 AM,
Crap Ed dont give up just give it a go mate.Fairly certain Jason is looking into the visibilty rules for a quick patch to fix it.Granted we cant all get what we want as the game evolves but i think you would be a big and sad loss to this club if you decide to quit.
07-17-2008, 08:05 AM,
John,

Sorry to say, but in my opinion they fundamentally changed the game. Even if they took out all the bugs.
It displayed what direction they want to go with the game.

Sorry to say, I think the game lasted for so long is because of what it was. Not what they want to change it to be.