• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can't unzip new patch
07-12-2008, 03:48 PM,
Can't unzip new patch
I get an error message "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive." when I try to unzip the file. I do have winzip. I've down loaded the file several times with the same result when I try to unzip it.

Thanks
Tim
"The Pope? How many Divisions does he have?" Stalin
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2008, 11:54 PM,
RE: Can't unzip new patch
Tim,

I downloaded it to the JTCS folder. I then went to "my computer" and opened the C drive then found my way to Matrix games. Open Matrix then JTCS and I found an icon that says John Tiller's CS update. I scrolled over it and is says v103. I then double clicked (not win zipp) and the application will ask you several questions including the serial number.

hope this helps.
07-13-2008, 12:20 AM,
I download the zip file to My Documents.

I opened My Documents and found a JTCS zip icon.

I right clicked on the icon, scrolled down to winzip and click on the option of "download to here".

A new icon appeared showing a monitor and a disc (that may be different depending upon the operating system), but it did say "JTCS update".

I double left-clicked on that icon and it walked me through the download.

It wasn't necessary to pick the right file/folder to download it too because it found the right one itself.

After that, open a game and go to "help" at the top right of the screen. Scroll down to "About JTCS" and it will tell you which version you are running.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

07-13-2008, 12:30 AM,
Have you tried opening it with WinRAR instead?