• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiger wallpaper
07-10-2008, 08:33 PM,
Tiger wallpaper
A guy said he was going to use this pic as desktop wallpaper when I posted it last year; so here it is again if anybody else wants it-

Normandy
[Image: tigcol-norm3.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2008, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2008, 01:48 AM by Bootie.)
RE: Tiger wallpaper
Just doesnt look right to me... and that guy on the right with the leopard skin pants... whats that all about??
07-11-2008, 07:53 PM,
lol, hadn't noticed them!

Yes, I know what you mean. I know WWII colour photography was a bit ropey, but it looks like someone's been 'painting by numbers'. If poeple like it though...
07-11-2008, 10:07 PM,
Hey that's a fantastically-accurate pic above, I should know because I coloured it myself in the standard German 'Hinterhalt-Tarnung' pattern of dunkelgelb-yellow/rotbrun-brown/olivgrun-green, I used to build Tamiya model AFV's and know a little bit about camo colours and shades, but don't take my word, just go check out other peoples colour pics around the net and you'll see German colours are common knowledge, for example this guys pic is same as mine-

[Image: tigcolors.jpg]

And read up on the subject here if you like-

Excerpt - On 1943-02-18, it was ordered that all vehicles were to be painted in a base coat Dunkelgelb nach Muster (except for small equipment pieces, which were to retain the former colours). Over this, a camouflage pattern of Olivgrün (an RLM colour), Rotbraun RAL 8017 and Dunkelgelb nach Muster consisting of stripes was to be applied by the maintenance sections, according to the terrain. For this purpose, the paint was delivered as a paste, which could then be thinned with most liquids, and applied. Dunkelgelb nach Muster was later re-named Dunkelgelb RAL 7028, and Olivgrün was re-named Olivgrün RAL 6003.

http://www.panzerworld.net/colours
07-12-2008, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2008, 02:31 AM by Kelen.)
Don't know about Bootie, but it was the overall 'look' and 'effect' I was commenting on.
07-12-2008, 02:23 AM,
The guy in 'leopard skin pants' is probably a waffen-ss man, here's a modern replica uniform of a W-SS Panzer crewman 1944-

[Image: pz44wss.jpg]
07-12-2008, 09:37 AM,
Yeah it may be historically accurate but the pic just looks wishy washy to me. Good attempt though and certainly better than anything I could come up with. How did you colourise it??
07-12-2008, 10:18 AM,
Oh you just have to slap paint on with a photoshop type program, it's what we artistic types call "just slapping the paint on with a Photoshop type program"..
here's the original b/w if anybody prefers it..

[Image: tigcol-normbw.jpg]
07-13-2008, 01:16 AM,
You want some great Tiger Wallpaper?

[Image: Tiger-big.jpg]
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM,
Panther in mixed camo scheme

[Image: Panth.jpg]