• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A trip down memory lane.....
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM,
RE: A trip down memory lane.....
I found a copy of CMBB in a preowned section of a software store in 2005, thought that for $5 , I would not be out much if the game sucked. It took two games vs the AI until I started looking for human prey. After geting my backside kicked around the battlefield, I bought CMAK figuring that players needed a new venue to kick me around on.Three years later, and not much has changed.
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM,
Bootie Wrote:..Hey Spike... you should just go online in death matches... that way everyone is a target... LOL

Hmm sounds fun..
Hey I used to play the old Unreal Tournament against the AI, great stuff there were body parts flying everywhere. Later they brought out a new version but it was a crock, the figures were skinny little things with hardly any meat on 'em and didn't fly apart near so satisfyingly when hit..
07-12-2008, 09:42 AM,
In that case you should try Soldier of Fortune.... quite possibly the goriest FPS out there.
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM,
POS wrote...
]"As for other tac games, I tried 'PC:Winter Storm' and 'PC:Kharkov', they're okay but for me CM is still king because of the clean crisp feel.
Wint Storm and Kharkov have a cluttered feel which I don't like; it'd help if there was a 'trees off' toggle so you can see what's in there, but there wasn't the last time I looked."

POS....theres a new patch for Kharkov and you can toogle 'off' trees with F12 button now. Makes a big difference when trying to find units. Also new patch cleaned up one or two of the other issues too.

Only way to play Kharkov is PBEM in IMHO. Playing 'gainst the AI is far too boring, (mind u I think that about most PC games.....lol).

I'm playing almost entirely PCK now. Its much superior to CM in most ways I think except maybe the infantry modelling. I'm still playing CM against one or two die-hards but my interest is definitely waning. CM is starting to show its age I think.

- falco.
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM,
falc Wrote:theres a new patch for Kharkov and you can toogle 'off' trees with F12 button now. Makes a big difference when trying to find units. Also new patch cleaned up one or two of the other issues too.

Last I heard they'd added a PARTIAL trees off toggle which was useless because it still meant there were some trees on the map cluttering things up so I abandoned the game. I wanted ALL the trees off, not just some of 'em but if they've now added an ALL trees off toggle I might look at it again.
Is F12 Partial or All?
07-13-2008, 01:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2008, 01:04 AM by falco.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
falc Wrote:theres a new patch for Kharkov and you can toogle 'off' trees with F12 button now. Makes a big difference when trying to find units. Also new patch cleaned up one or two of the other issues too.

Last I heard they'd added a PARTIAL trees off toggle which was useless because it still meant there were some trees on the map cluttering things up so I abandoned the game. I wanted ALL the trees off, not just some of 'em but if they've now added an ALL trees off toggle I might look at it again.
Is F12 Partial or All?

Well, it is a partial but its a hell of a big partial. About 95% I'd say. Just enough to let u know that the area concerned has foliage. IMHO anyway its more than enough to sight all your units.

- falco.
07-13-2008, 01:24 AM,
falc Wrote:Well, it is a partial but its a hell of a big partial. About 95% I'd say

In other words it's not a true trees off toggle, it's just a partial solution to the clutter..;)
Look, in this first Kharkov pic the trees are on..
[Image: treeson.gif]

And in this pic the trees have been toggled off, the situation has improved, but because it only gives partial off it's still not enough, we still have to get down there to poke around to see what's behind some of the trees, so I won't be playing the game myself til they do an ALL trees off patch..;)

[Image: treesoff.gif]
07-18-2008, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM by falco.)
POS wrote:
....'In other words it's not a true trees off toggle, it's just a partial solution to the clutter'..;)

No "clutter" at all mate. More than enough space to see all your
units. As I said before the trees that remain after F12 is toogled
are to remind u there trees in that particuar area. :)

- falco.