• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems with my CS
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM,
Problems with my CS
I've have a problem and I don't know what to do.

I current have the Matrix version 1.02 of CS. I have been playing opponents who have not upgraded to the 1.03v. because it is not totally ready as of yet. Everything has been fine until now. I have been playing a game in EF for several turns now and have just recently begun another game in RS. Now for some reason I can not go back and resume my EF game. I get the dreaded: "Error Reading Battle file" message. Furthermore, I currently have a another game that my opponent has upgraded in EF and because I have not is in limbo until I upgrade. However, even when I go and try to open that game I cannot.

Once again I have not upgraded to 1.03v. and as of yet and my opponents tell me they have not as well.

God I hope I'am making sense. :chin:

Thanks in advance
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM,
RE: Problems with my CS
This really sounds like some of your opponents have upgraded though.
Can you start new games in EF?
07-09-2008, 11:41 PM,
Dear Warhog,

I had that problem a lot, watch some of the scns that you may have downloaded not all of them are compatable with the new matrix CS and may cause problems. I downloaded some from another site that were meant for the old talonsoft verision and they messed up my matrix version. If you delete the game and reinstall, all of your PBEM games SHOULD not be deleted with the game and you should be able to pick up where you left off. I'm no computer wiz but I do know about deleting and reinstalling the game 4X in 18 months. Good luck in solving your problem.

Chuck
07-10-2008, 04:09 AM,
Do you have 2 hard drives if so install another copy of Matrix to the 2nd drive and upgrade that one to version 1.03 be careful to change the drive letter to D when doing so same with the patches as the default is C.
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM,
PS Another way if you only have one HD would be to rename it as something else before installing ie MATRIX-103 for example.IE that would be the name you would call it and the new name for the folder you create.
07-10-2008, 06:06 PM,
Huib Wrote:This really sounds like some of your opponents have upgraded though.

Yes, I can open other scn. in EF.
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM,
Huib Wrote:This really sounds like some of your opponents have upgraded though.

Yes, I can open other scn. in EF.
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM,
Von Luck Wrote:PS Another way if you only have one HD would be to rename it as something else before installing ie MATRIX-103 for example.IE that would be the name you would call it and the new name for the folder you create.

So if I understand you correctly do you mean uninstall CS 1.02v and reinstall under a different name and create a different folder? CS 103V. And if so do I lose the games I currently have saved ?

Also, I just found out my opponent is using Talonsofts EF2 and I am using Matrix 1.02v. We have however just finished turn 10 in a very lenghty scn. "Showdown at Borisov". Could this fact of different versions being played be the root of my problem? And if so why have we been able to play just fine until now?

Thanks again.
07-10-2008, 06:22 PM,
Chuck10mtn Wrote:Dear Warhog,

I had that problem a lot, watch some of the scns that you may have downloaded not all of them are compatable with the new matrix CS and may cause problems. I downloaded some from another site that were meant for the old talonsoft verision and they messed up my matrix version. If you delete the game and reinstall, all of your PBEM games SHOULD not be deleted with the game and you should be able to pick up where you left off. I'm no computer wiz but I do know about deleting and reinstalling the game 4X in 18 months. Good luck in solving your problem.

Chuck

I have not downloaded any scns. as of yet. This problem is with a standard CS EF Matrix scn.

Thanks
07-11-2008, 06:32 AM,
Mark resend the turn and ill do it in the Matrix one PS All my mail is getting bounced back for some reason.