• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ghillie camo suits
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM by Combat Wombat.)
RE: Ghillie camo suits
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Incidentally I should imagine snipers have a rougher time of it nowadays if the enemy has infra-red spotting devices, because his body heat would be picked up fairly easily even if he's wearing a camo suit.
His face in particular would show up as a hot dot on infra-red making him easy to spot by night and day.
The devices are so tiny they could be fitted to the rifle of every soldier in an army..

[Image: ir.png]

INFRA-RED DEVICES-
http://www.ir55.com/specterIR_thermal_weapon_scope.html

..hehe, if you are that close to a good sniper (that image appears to be about 100m from the viewer) you are already dead ...;)

sniper colleague of mine indicated snipers are looking to take out targets around 400 -600m depending on the weather ....

ps: curse of the modern soldier - batteries. The Australian Army is looking at uniforms that have solar panels ( I kid you not) to charge the batteries operating; NAD, night vision, personal coms, platoon coms, gps etc they all currently use AA batteries and need changing every (restricted) hours... light infantry my arse ! ..:eek1:
Quote this message in a reply