• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Big games in Matrix RS
07-01-2008, 07:36 AM,
RE: Big games in Matrix RS
Ivan,,...the extra memory was surprisingly inexpensive.... certainly if compared with the price of a tank of petrol. $1.60+ here. Deiso $1.80+
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2008, 08:46 AM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:What is the cave bug (apart from some underground arthropod of of the Class Insecta)? I seem to remember something about it when RS first came out, but I thought it had been made extinct..

And VMT to all for suggestions and help.

There was a glitch in the old code that froze matches.

My experience, that I e-mailed to you, gave me a lock up right after I closed out my first turn. The Japs went into timer mode and my entire computer display was taken over by Rising Sun/CS color scheme.
I Ctrl/Alt/Deleted to close out the game. And then the CS colors stayed with me.

Buggers shot down my two spotters too! ;)
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM,
Hi Rod,

Shut down the computer then restart. I know that sounds too simple but it worked for me once.

I have run my computer with 1 kabillion meggaziggles.
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:Hi Rod,

Shut down the computer then restart. I know that sounds too simple but it worked for me once.

I have run my computer with 1 kabillion meggaziggles.

Could it be that simple?
Between the time to shut down and the time to reboot, with all the ISP scanning and such, I hesitate to go back and get stuck again. :rolleyes:
When I shut down it wipes everything clean and I have to relog into all websites, from scratch. Eek:chin:

cheers
07-01-2008, 11:28 AM,
With the screen frozen in the replay, I have no cursor control, so the only way I can shut down is the button, which I did and it did something called safe mode which caused my blood pressure to go off the scale. Expect a communication shortly from my son/lawyer, Mr Briscoe....you....you...you....you.........cracker!!!
Can I get you extradited???. Fortunately for you BD it seems OK now.

Seriously, earlier I asked Mike (with whom I am trying to test this scen) to send a game set up for me to start as the US ...Peleliu he sent. Interestingly, it started in slow player mode, even though Fast Player was selected in both areas. Does that mean anything??
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:With the screen frozen in the replay, I have no cursor control, so the only way I can shut down is the button, which I did and it did something called safe mode which caused my blood pressure to go off the scale. Expect a communication shortly from my son/lawyer, Mr Briscoe....you....you...you....you.........cracker!!!
Can I get you extradited???. Fortunately for you BD it seems OK now.

OOOPPSS... Just learned this causes permanent damage to your HD.
My bad...:rolleyes:

K K Rossokolski Wrote:Seriously, earlier I asked Mike (with whom I am trying to test this scen) to send a game set up for me to start as the US ...Peleliu he sent. Interestingly, it started in slow player mode, even though Fast Player was selected in both areas. Does that mean anything??

You are getting senile my good friend.Eek
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Interestingly, it started in slow player mode, even though Fast Player was selected in both areas. Does that mean anything??

If you skip the replay, that happens. Just have to recheck them, and it functions normally.

Has been around since Talonsoft days.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-01-2008, 10:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 10:58 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Jason Petho Wrote:
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Interestingly, it started in slow player mode, even though Fast Player was selected in both areas. Does that mean anything??

If you skip the replay, that happens. Just have to recheck them, and it functions normally.

Has been around since Talonsoft days.

Jason Petho

The only problem with this method Jason is your artillery resolution phase moves at slow speed, which in many scenarios can take a real long time.

What does work is when prompted to view replay hit yes and then as the map displays hit the escape key ONCE. It will skip over your opponents turn and you will be in fast mode for your artillery resolution phase.

You can also wait for your opponent's first attack result. Hit cancel instead of Ok and then hit the escape key ONCE. That works too.

Thanx!