• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fatigue
07-01-2008, 11:56 PM,
RE: Fatigue
Hey Paul,

Foul and I have played it to an earlier point than that, I think. We are in the midst of a tough battle for Sofafi and the box on the coast just north of there, while my hard hitting Italians flee for their lives :).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2008, 01:21 AM,
In the storm you are slower. Another reason to remain still in a night storm, except if it's necesary to move for a good reason.

Diggin in or leaving it, changing travel/rail/patrolling mode, defensive firing or any other form of combat, all will add more fatigue during night turns. Actually the fatigue is added the turn after the actions are performed. So in a way you have to foresee it.

Moving an engineer to remove an obstacle will add fatigue to him but not moving into a mined hex to remove mines.

That's about it. The units that you want to rest should be in 2nd line at least or in inactive sectors. And the units that are in touch with the enemy should always return full fire at night and at day. Or otherwise not be at the front.
07-02-2008, 02:00 AM,
Steel God Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:I have a sand storm howling in C40 at the moment

You're playing Compass? Be still my beating heart. Big Grin Kevin and I were playing Compass, with an AAR even, when I stopped playing. We had gotten through the early stages and Kevin was mopping up every thing in Egypt, and the crossing of the wire and the battle for Libya was about to start.
Yup, Rick is proving as tough as i expected, he is getting the best that you can out of those Italian hordes! :)

As Rick said tough battle for BuqBuq and with the Aussies at Sofafi, soon i will be planning my lightning thrust into Libya!! :eek1:

Really excellent Mod Ed & you have produced, the only drawback is that it takes a certain sort of player to be able to play the Italians without suffering from morbid depression :pullhair: and i think Rick is the best player i can think of to fill that role IMO. ;)

Just to rub it in a bit more, Rick Ed and I are also playing/testing Graziani's Offensive, in this one Ed & I have the pleasure of attacking with these brave (but brittle) Italians! :)

All great fun...........................
07-02-2008, 02:29 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Really excellent Mod Ed & you have produced, the only drawback is that it takes a certain sort of player to be able to play the Italians without suffering from morbid depression :pullhair: and i think Rick is the best player i can think of to fill that role IMO. ;)
Hey my doctor, wonderful person that he is, says I am perfectly normal and the bruises on my head will go away as soon as I stop banging it against the wall :curse:. I know, because he told me so, that if I can just boost my men's morale through the perfect speach, my Italians will be in Alexandria in a week Big Grin.
Foul. Wrote:Just to rub it in a bit more, Rick Ed and I are also playing/testing Graziani's Offensive, in this one Ed & I have the pleasure of attacking with these brave (but brittle) Italians! :)

All great fun...........................
Now this one allows a bit more action, with a full Italian battalion marching without guard to the Suez canal area to grow grapes for the Commonwealth for the rest of the war, LOL.

Rick
07-02-2008, 02:54 AM,
I...proud son of Sicily that I am...consider it an honor to play the Italians in Compass, or indeed, any African battle. ;)
07-02-2008, 03:15 AM,
Sicilia, best food in all of Italia, the wines there are excellent too.
07-02-2008, 04:54 AM,
Steel God Wrote:I...proud son of Sicily that I am...consider it an honor to play the Italians in Compass, or indeed, any African battle. ;)
Ah, you are a southern man, I see. My grandpa Antonetti would be proud of me - I believe his family was from the Naples area but am not positive of it any more.

Rick
07-02-2008, 05:12 AM,
Not really a "Southern man," but Italy was pleasant wherever I was. Very friendly people and they don't drive as crazy as everyone says, except for the mopeds and motorcycles.

Napoli - drove past there on the way to Pompei and then drove on to the east side of the boot and back up north. Lovely coastal towns around Napoli.

I also recommend Sienna up in Toscana (Tuscany) absolutely beautiful town.

Did I turn this into the "Travel Thread?" Sorry.
07-02-2008, 05:14 AM,
Oops, didn't read the full quote. I inadvertantly answered what wasn't addressed to me.
07-02-2008, 05:20 AM,
No worries, we wandered a bit OT anyway already :).