• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fatigue
07-02-2008, 05:38 AM,
RE: Fatigue
Thanks Rick, you know how it goes, the old "answer before you fully understand the question."

....still, would like to wander back down to Italia, even though it is kind of hot down there now.
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:
Steel God Wrote:I...proud son of Sicily that I am...consider it an honor to play the Italians in Compass, or indeed, any African battle. ;)
Ah, you are a southern man, I see. My grandpa Antonetti would be proud of me - I believe his family was from the Naples area but am not positive of it any more.

Rick

I'm second generation American, but you have to go back 4 generations on my Mom's side to find a non-Sicilian. Of course my Grandmother, God rest her soul, was so mad at me for entering into a mixed marriage...which to her means any non-Italians. Big Grin I married a women who is like a league of nations - Scottish - Irish - English - Norwegian - German and Italian. I call her Irish, but that's mostly for the temper. ;)
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM,
Good stuff Paul, LOL. That is a combination your wife has, and marrying you who is about as pure as you will see around the US any more!

My mom's dad, who I never met until I was in my 30s, was second generation American I think, married my Irish/Scottish grandmother, got divorced but managed to marry again in the church, which surprised me a bit. The other half has a lot mixed in over the years - my original descendant in American came over in 1632 from England, then there are some Irish, Scottish but mostly English that married in there. My wife is Austrian, French and Scottish, with the Scottish side providing the temper there! Her dad's parents came over right after WW1, her grandfather fought with, in her words, the Americans and he got US citizenship as a result when they came over.

Interesting things.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-02-2008, 10:28 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:My wife is Austrian, French and Scottish, with the Scottish side providing the temper there! Her dad's parents came over right after WW1, her grandfather fought with, in her words, the Americans and he got US citizenship as a result when they came over.

That last bit is quite interesting. I've never heard that before.

It's things like this conversation that I have always liked about our hobby. It's so much easier to find out who the man is behind the Call Sign when you play face to face, but I like to try and make an effort in PBEM as well. Getting to know people, and letting them know you, makes it harder to have misunderstandings and disagreements. At least I think so.

Thanks for sharing.