• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
07-01-2008, 09:01 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
The thing about the naval aspects is that, as a designer, you don't have to use them and, as a player, if a designer uses them you don't have to play them. Although you might inadvertently find yourself doing so, playing a scenario blind.

It might be an idea that scenario designers have a section in the briefing to indicate any "controversial" elements used, so that players can decide whether to embark on the scenario?

I think that generally there is not so much to object about if elements are optional rather than mandatory.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2008, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2008, 04:50 AM by Hobbes.)
I've only just found this thread and I must say I'm pretty amazed that such a change could be put into the game without being made optional. I was hoping for a visibility change option for the scenarios I have made to save manual editing of the BTE but I am horrified by this.

I have only been able to skim through the thread as I can't sit at the PC for long at the moment. It seems that scenarios with a visibility of > 14 are not affected? I assume many scenarios have visibility less than this - I know mine do.

I position an attacking force in a scenario so that the bulk of it is not in immediate contact with the defender. If I have to up the visibility in scenarios to 15 this will not be the case.

Cheers, Chris
07-06-2008, 05:18 AM,
Click find button on Dogovich for all posts gets this list

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...54a955c678

The top 4 are about this topic
07-07-2008, 01:41 AM,
Hi folks, I have played around a bit with this and it seems that visibility can actually change in the same turn so that Allies have a vis of 12 and Axis 11
on turn 1 even though this represents the same period of time. Is this intended or is it a bug with the change?

The change wouldn't bother me quite as much (but it would still bother me a lot) if it only affected new scenarios as designers could take it into account
but for the hundreds of scenarios already in circulation it will have a very detrimental effect on many - it certainly will on the three I have made.

There are some great additions in 1.03 but this is not one of them!
Chris