• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something silly
06-26-2008, 07:34 AM,
Something silly
Just been thinkling on a couple of games I have been playing recently and thought what fun it would be to place the German Kursk army against the Russian Minsk army. Put them on the Kharkov map and what a battle you would have. And to think it's probably possible to do. reckon the Germans would win but what a battle it would be.
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2008, 07:48 AM,
RE: Something silly
This probably isn't a million miles away from Sgt. Furies Minsk mod which effectively includes an extra SS Pz Korp.

And I think Russia would slap Germany senseless :P
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM,
RE: Something silly
I am currently playing Sgt Fury's M44 campaign as the Germans and I do not think it is the same as the German Kurks Order of Battle. The Germans do have a SS corp but it comes in piece parts into the battlefield. Totenkopf starts on the map at the start of the game but it is almost spent trying to stop the Russian steamroller by around turn 30. Around turn 40 Nordwind comes in the game as reinforcements and around turn 45 Wiking comes in. However, Wiking starts heavily fatigued, is B morale and understrength. Because the three are never really in the same condition at any one time they have to be inserted into the battlefield in pieceparts as fire brigades not as the massive steel hammer they were in Kursk. Also, the SS corps lacks any corps artillery which is a big difference.

Overall, Sgt Fury's M44 campaign has a lot more infantry and panzer strength than the historical M44 campaign but the German OOB is really not near the strength of German's Kursk OOB especially in area of armor and artillery.

My $0.02.