• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Okay, I'm back..:)
07-01-2008, 05:08 AM,
RE: Okay, I'm back..:)
Always amazed by how close it looks to central Britsh Columbia, where I go hunting.
[Image: picture.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2008, 07:19 AM,
snow gets a little deep there huh? :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
07-01-2008, 07:25 AM,
Looks absolutely stunning, Ratski.
07-01-2008, 07:37 AM,
Great pic Ratzi.

Central BC and central Russia are on exactly the same latitude.
07-01-2008, 04:28 PM,
Well, the picture, I had to find off the net as I don't have one that shows the floura as good as this one did. The picture was taken just outside Smithers, where my father lives.
It does not get alot of snow at lower elevations but higher up, it does get more. Too far away from the coast to really get dumped on. This was the first deer of the season, I need 2 per year to keep the family fed, we eat no beef. If you squint you actually can see the litle antlers on this bad boy. I would like to say that they were larger and the picture didn't do the rack justice, but that's not quite the case.:rolleyes:
[Image: deer.png]
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM,
The real question is why are there golf clubs in that picture??

Everyone knows the spikes are better eating and you hunt them for the meat.

Horns look nice but don't taste all that good.

I grew up hunting in the Rockies.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM,
I try not to shoot a single spike, let them grow an extra year. I try to get the 2 and 3 spikes, as that way they at least have some meat on them. This guy was not a bad size, so he had to go. There are no real trophy deer in the area, not in the antler dept. anyhow. We do get some nice full bodied mule deer though, 100-120 lbs of meat.
I think that the golf clubs are holding up the tailgate of a '48 Willys truck, what else can you use them for?
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2008, 09:09 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
PROGRESS REPORT- GREEN LIGHT TOURNEY

I should be finished creating it by the middle of July but I've got to take my PC down the shop for maintenance tomorrow (Jul 7th), so that could delay things if they keep it in for a week or so.
Here are 2 screenshots of the work in progress, it's a long narrow map containing 6 flags at intervals down its entire length, and there are a group of Russians at each flag.
The Germans must therefore knock off each group one by one as they advance down the map..:)

The first group defends the River and is a small force, just a platoon of infantry and a couple of light guns, they'll probably kill a German tank or two before they're overun.
Then the Germans advance deeper and take on the next group which is in a City, but this group will be slightly stronger than the river group.
Then the Germans continue advancing ever deeper, attacking the other 4 groups in succession in the Wheatfields, Forest, Hill and Village, each group being tougher than the one before.

In other words the Germans must fight 6 mini-battles one by one as they progress down the map; each Russian group being slightly bigger and tougher than the one before it until they run out of steam due to casualties and grind to a halt as deep as possible..:)

Both players get free set up to deploy their units however they see fit.
I shall probably make this a mirror game, 20 turns the first game, then swap sides and play another 20 turns, it's the only way to guarantee balance..:)
The two scores will be added to get the final score.
Players will get the scenario to examine in detail before the start, no hurry, it'll be announced in a blaze of publicity and popping flashbulbs in its own thread later just like my previous tourneys..:)

OVERVIEW- The Germans must first break the weak River line and then plunge down the map deep into enemy territory, encountering Russian groups in City/ Wheat/ Forest/ Hill and Village.
[Image: glz.gif]

ZOOM VIEW of the Wheatfields group, and beyond it are the Forest, Hill and Village groups..
[Image: gly.gif]

The Russians are uneasy as they look towards the western horizon; they can hear the distant sounds of a panzer division deploying for battle..
[Image: glx.gif]

The German force will look something like this or possibly bigger. He'll need to drop off infantry at each flag to garrison it against any lurking Russian dribs and drabs that might stage a counterattack.
Incidentally there'll be a Stuka and Sturmovik buzzing around overhead throughout the game, so both sides get flak units..
[Image: glw.gif]

The game is of course loosely semi-historical, vaguely based on something like one of these arrows-
[Image: grnlt.png]

Anybody have any questions, comments, suggestions, death threats etc?
07-07-2008, 08:37 PM,
Looks like a blast, can't wait!
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2008, 09:00 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
"Gehen Sie erhalten diese Trophäe!"
(Go get that trophy)

[Image: pointgb.gif]

[Image: GL.png]