• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

a simple question
06-15-2008, 04:11 PM,
a simple question
I had a question that I've been having difficulty finding answers for

Between battles, do artillery spotters regain ammunition?

Also, can someone link me to a really complete thread, or other guide to what happens between operation battles, including re-positioning troops, restocking, reinforcements, etc. Also, do you know a good link for using aircraft?

I remember having more questions... but I forgot them...
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2008, 04:22 PM,
RE: a simple question
Usually they do unless they are far out in front of your front line, in which case they get reduced amounts.
06-15-2008, 05:07 PM,
For the aircraft, you spend your points on them, then take your chances with them. They are totally out of your control and will fire at targets of their own choosing. They are only usable on clear weather days.
06-16-2008, 09:06 AM,
ok, thanks-- I'm playing a 10 battle operation, where I have over 1 500 105mm shells, 400 150mm shells, 300 88mm mortar shells. It's good to know that over the course of 10 battles, I'll be firing over 22 000 large shells.
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM,
Also depends on what level supply has been set to for the operation. You can only find that out if the briefing lets you know of by going into the scenario editor and looking at the parameters.

If you have limited supply, then you may not get your full load back. It may take two phases to recoup full firing load.
06-18-2008, 05:42 AM,
don't count on getting back your full load of shells. for most 105+ spotters I've generally gotten back 40-16 rounds. if they have 500 rounds then someone fudged with settings in the editor when they designed it. if you are lucky they remembered to fudge with the round counts for later battles, but if they didn't then you can expect 40-16 rnds for the following battles. in my experience 88s and 25lbs have gotten about 40 shells on following turns and 81s get back between 80 and 120 shells.

easiest way to do it (without peeking) is to load the game against the computer and fire all rounds, don't move, because that way it goes faster. and then see how many you geet on the next battle.
06-18-2008, 11:32 AM,
The map is called HSG Over the Terek -- If you've played as Nazi's before on this map, can you please comment on the artillery on the map?
06-18-2008, 07:30 PM,
I quick played through the first battle and I stand by my prediction. you'll get 33 105s 19 150s and 80 81s. I assume the same would be true for the russians. so the moral is don't fire too wildly because you get back a lot less than you started with.
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM,
If I don't fire an artillery spotter, will I get surplus ammo? or does the extra ammo that is brought to the battle wasted?
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM,
No surplus - I think it reloads you to whatever the default max is for that unit, but no further.