• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

V1.03 -The Downside
06-18-2008, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2008, 05:18 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: V1.03 -The Downside
RedDevil Wrote:Hey guys Jason and CO. are not looking for salutes and pats on the back here really. (well they are nice and greatly appreciated!)

I'm sure Jason DOES want feedback on the patch however and he'd like to discuss things, however initially calling those efforts garbage just didn't really sound like a positive start towards discussing anything :)

That's all it takes perhaps to get a discussion going is to be respectful of people's efforts, even if you don't agree with them.

Thanks Randy. Spot on as always.
I feel like the "Thing" from the original '50 SciFi movie, when the soldiers threw the ax down the hallway to get the "Thing" back onto the perfect spot to kill it with the electrical field. :smoke:Whip

:bow:
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2008, 07:04 PM,
Gentlemen,

first: I can´t remember that Talonsoft supported the CS games in a way like this! I know only about guys from theblitz and some lonely wolves spent time to make the game better.

Now the Matrix JTCS Edition is available since a year and we have two major Updates!cheers

Well, there are a few errors in the new Update ... and sure not all features taste everyone, but nobody MUST play with them.
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
06-18-2008, 08:55 PM,
I design scenarios because I like to the challenge of trying to create something. If someone enjoys playing them that's ok.........if someone doesn't enjoy playing them......well that's ok too............I will still design them if only for myself. It's called a labor of love. I suspect most of the guy's involved in the beta team do it for the same reasons.
I like a lot of the new stuff because it really improves my campaigns. I don't expect everyone to like this because not everyone plays campaigns. I don't care about LCG's or playing a plethora of new scenarios against the AI.....so I don't use them. I would imagine the same application could apply to any of the new additions. If you don't like them then don't use them. But, let the ones that do enjoy them have their fun too.

Lastly, I do thank the guys that take the time to do this. I know how hard it is to find free time and dedication here is a must.Lastly, "IT'S STILL A DAMN GOOD GAME SO, JUST ENJOY THE PARTS YOU LIKE" :-)

von Earlmann
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-18-2008, 11:33 PM,
lmao, you all finished now?

So the upshot is, we're generally very happy with the patch, we all appreciate the effort the matrix team and the testing volunteers have put in, and there are a few niggles that we would like to have amended should that be possible but we're not that bothered if not coz it doesn't affect the majority of the game.

right?

thought so! Big Grin

BTW - I think it's great, freshened up an old game and I'm enjoying playing it. cheers