• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Meeting my Blitz opponents in New York
06-15-2008, 08:42 AM,
Smile  Meeting my Blitz opponents in New York
During a recent rugby tour to New Jersey with the Monmouth rugby club (Wales) who were due to play Monmouth (New Jersey), I had a chance to meet up with two of my CM opponents during a free day of the tour. Figo drove to the Hotel I was staying at and then we caught the train to New York where we met up with Mr bad example. None of us had met before but over a few drinks we got to know each other and had a great time :)
In the photo from left to right is British Tommy (Bob), Figo (Rob) and mr bad example (Jeremy).
I highly recommend meeting up with your opponents if you ever get the chance as meeting Rob and Jeremy was the highlight of the trip for me (and we won all our games! :) )
[img][Image: BobRobandJeremy.jpg][/img]
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2008, 05:07 PM,
RE: Meeting my Blitz opponents in New York
Great story Bob!!
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
06-15-2008, 06:15 PM,
Hey Bob you've got a bit more grey hair since I saw you last in Normandy 2003 .. lol .. where as I have simply lost all mine .. lol. Looks like you guy's where having a great time, I hope you showed them how Welsh men drink cheers ;)
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
06-15-2008, 07:52 PM,
(FGM)Phil Davies Wrote:Hey Bob you've got a bit more grey hair since I saw you last in Normandy 2003 .. lol .. where as I have simply lost all mine .. lol. Looks like you guy's where having a great time, I hope you showed them how Welsh men drink cheers ;)

Hi Phil,
LOL! yes grey hair and extra weight :(
Our rugby players did us proud by drinking the Hotel bar dry and then drinking all the beer in the Monmouth (NJ) bar when they offered us a deal where we paid a few dollars and drink as much as you like..... that was seen as a challenge by the tour group! Big Grin
Had a wonderful time in Red Bank (where we stayed). The funniest day must be the fancy dress where the group was split into three smaller groups and dressed as Elvis, Hippies or Grease (think of the film!). Of course some of the lads went OTT and dressed up as women! (female hippies and Sandy from Grease) Big Grin
The population of Red Bank took it really well and we were a hit in the bars! cheers