• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Across The Seine DAR
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM,
Turn 18
A vicious German counter attack destroyed two more Shermans and drove the remaining two with Capt. Miller back. Two platoons of SS infantry and what looks like a Security platoon advanced to the west of the 250 VP hex and two SS platoons to the east. Another platoon and recon platoon helped provide covering fire against the Americans in exposed positions along the boulevard from across the Seine.

The American response was just as strong causing three of the German platoons to fall back and causing heavy losses and distruptions on all the enemy units. Next turn will be tough as the Americans are fighting mostly in the open.

[Image: 18End.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2008, 01:35 PM,
Turn 20
The SS launch a vicious counter attack and push the Americans back into the safety of the buildings on the opposite side of the boulevard. Two platoons even gave chase but were pushed back to the German's side.

Miller's Shermans give fire support.

[Image: 20End.jpg]
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM,
Turn 23
The last few turns have seen bloody back and forth fighting across the boulevard but finally the Americans have been pushed back. The order was given by Miller to retreat back into the cover of the side streets, falling back towards the 250 VP hex in American hands.

Miller's command has been reduced to two Shermans and a handful of infantry. Fortunately the Germans did not counter attack across the boulevard but were content to fire at the retreating foe. For now only AT guns and mortar platoons are in a position to defend against any counterattack against the American 250 VP hex.

The only good news for Miller is that he can hear the sounds of fighting and now of tanks getting closer and closer from the north.

[Image: 23End.jpg]
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM,
Turn 24
A lull in the fighting as the Germans decline to purse the Americans into the town. Besides the German and American artillery crashing into no mans land there is no action in Miller's area.
09-27-2008, 08:09 AM,
End Of DAR
A stalemate along Captain Miller's positions. I'm going to close out this DAR here as the battle is mostly over for Captain Miller and Task Force West. The Germans still in the town must not feel confident enough to grab the only VP hex in American hands. They must be on their last legs too. TF West is combat ineffective.

Here's a shot of the final position:
[Image: Lastclose.jpg]

I have failed to recreate TF West's accomplishments. It was a hard battle for them but they cleared the whole city of superior numbers of German SS infantry. I suspect that the real opposition was demoralized and probably had less anti-tank firepower than the German units in this game.

The game is not over and I've added a screen shot of the whole battle. The American units to the north are Task Force Oden. Historically the didn't play any role in the battle for Troyes as the bridges they were supposed to cross to the north were blown. If I win this scenario it will be with units that were not there historically. French underground partisans can be seen to the north and east. They played a role in the battle in mopping up fleeing Germans.

[Image: Final4.jpg]

Thanks to Don Fox and Huib for a great scenario (and good book). Thanks to my opponent Ed for a great game and patience as my turn rate slowed down.
Thanks to all of you that have read this DAR and to those that sent messages about it.