• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.03 Scenarios
06-13-2008, 08:14 PM,
1.03 Scenarios
A small word about my new WF scenarios that we added with 1.03.

I updated some of the older scenario titles in the Blitz database so that they match with the title in the game. This is mainly the ** that designate the new ME scenarios. Some are older scenarios that are modified and now have specific 1.03 features. All my scenarios are listed in the Blitz scenario database already so there is no need to add any of the new ones yourself after completion of a game.

New Features:
For example **Crossing the Leopold Canal now is a "dawn" scenario where night turns to day automatically with a % chance after 6 turns.

**A Pivotal Day for the 82nd features crewed boats brought in loaded on engineer trucks. It might be wise to practice working with these in one of the bootcamp scenarios first.

The old scn CCR/7 Into The Breach now features bridging engineers.

**Fall Braun. Across the Maas features a number of ferries.

Some older scns have been rebalanced... at least I attempted to..

I hope the scns will be fun. They were all playtested, but that only helps so much. The best info comes from the statistics when they have been played by the community a number of times.

Huib
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2008, 09:34 PM,
RE: 1.03 Scenarios
I appreciate all the work you (and others) put into making some great scenarios for us.
06-14-2008, 12:34 AM,
Hi Huib,

What happens to the original scenarios? When I look at the scenario listing in the game will I find 2 versions of the scenario to choose from with one marked **?

Are there some that you would recommend us playing due to the new changes?

I still visit your website. Please let us know when you add new video.
06-14-2008, 01:01 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:Hi Huib,

What happens to the original scenarios? When I look at the scenario listing in the game will I find 2 versions of the scenario to choose from with one marked **?

Are there some that you would recommend us playing due to the new changes?

I still visit your website. Please let us know when you add new video.

I think the older versions in your directory will be ruthlessly overwritten as I have not changed the scn file names (on purpose).

No new videos in the summer months, the winter time is much better for visiting battlefields. I have some good Dutch documentaries, but I need to find a good program to provide them with english subtitles.

I would recommend **A Pivotal Day for the 82nd. It took nearly 2 years to build that scenario. I'm very happy with the result. The scn is very complex for both sides.
**The Stolberg Corridor is also nice, but does not have many new features. Ofcourse the hidden AT guns are there etc.

I also made an attempt to make a scn for play against AI. This is **A Key Position. I found that it worked pretty well and the AI behaved how I intended when I tested it. Might be nice to play if you find no turns in your mailbox.
06-14-2008, 01:21 AM,
Huib Wrote:I would recommend **A Pivotal Day for the 82nd. It took nearly 2 years to build that scenario.

Have to agree with this recommendation, a fantastic scenario to play. Many options here for replayability

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-14-2008, 04:22 AM,
For some reason I have two versions of this scenario listed and two versions of some of he others. Are there meant to be two versions?
06-14-2008, 05:57 AM,
Well Jason if you give the thumbs up will have a look.
06-14-2008, 07:37 AM,
Ivan Wrote:For some reason I have two versions of this scenario listed and two versions of some of he others. Are there meant to be two versions?

You may have an old version too. The scn has been a while in the H2H section. you may have downloaded it from there last year.
You need the one with file name Nijmegen1_1.scn. any others you can delete
06-14-2008, 05:35 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: 1.03 Scenarios
OK, Thanks Huib. Great work by the way. Thanks for such great scenarios and all the work you have done.