• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
07-01-2008, 03:55 AM,
RE: Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
Re "stuck units", this happens with units that are in terrain 300 meters or more higher than the elevation of all surrounding terrain. Per the PDT, it costs 10 MP to move 100 meters elevation difference. Foot class units only have 24 movement points. Examples of units unable to move (in 0615_02 Campaign_alt_NPKA_Alt) are at 210,47 and 189,56.

The message I've gotten when I've tried to move some of the South Korean units that start "way up high" is "Unit cannot move from terrain".

Interestingly enough, the unit at 188,55 appears to be in the same situation but can move to the southwest.

I'll agree that it seems strange that these units appear to be like cats climbing trees, they can figure out how to get up but they can't figure out how to get down.
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2008, 04:32 AM,
Ok thanks for the info. I figured out what the problem is. In the recent K85_Alt update, I was tweaking the PDT terrain movement values and accidentally changed the foot cost to enter rough hexes to 0 (which basically prevents them from entering and leaving the hex). My guess is that they moved onto the hex before the update was applied.

I will fix it in the next update but, in the mean time, anyone who wants to fix it can open the mcparam.exe program and load the Korea_Alt and Korea_Winter_Alt and change foot movement of rough hexes from 0 to 18. My apologies and I hope no one has lost a unit because of it.
Send this user an email
07-01-2008, 05:45 AM,
OK, thanks guys, that explains everything. No problem with lost units, I just had a few less units to chase the Allies with.