• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Idea for air game upgrade
06-11-2008, 02:55 AM,
RE: Idea for air game upgrade
Tortue_Agile Wrote:
Quote:However, the interdiction effects in the game are set by a flat number in the PDT file, and effects every hex whether if 5 hexes or 500 hexes behind the front line.

something that would be nice would be to have the player to set the interdiction % by sector everyday depending of his priority.

For Example in France 40 the German could decide to increase interdiction level behind the Belgian border or slow down the French advance, etc...

Now that's not exactly what OJW was asking for, but it does have the advantage of maybe being something that JT could code without opening Pandora's Box too far....maybe every 1% increase in interdiction takes away 1% of your air units? It would sadly be subject to abuse though under the current scheme as I could see players setting their interdiction rate to 100% and gladly staking whatever hits they score in exchange for having air units that are invulnerable to loss (by being on interdiction). Probably woldn't fly for that reason.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2008, 05:42 AM,
It's a nice idea and air is definitely one of the weaknesses of the system. I myself have suggested an air mod a few years ago. But the reality is any mod which is going to require every scenario ever published to be modified is very unlikely to happen.

Having Smolensk updated to play like Budapest is a great advantage of PzC but it also provides it with a big handicap in the nature of mods that can be considered.
06-11-2008, 08:56 AM,
Steel God Wrote:It would sadly be subject to abuse though under the current scheme as I could see players setting their interdiction rate to 100% and gladly staking whatever hits they score in exchange for having air units that are invulnerable to loss (by being on interdiction). Probably woldn't fly for that reason.

Set a maximum % for interdiction would do it.
Send this user an email