• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replaying moves and the patch
06-10-2008, 08:00 PM,
RE: Replaying moves and the patch
Stryker Wrote:Hi All,

Did you all read Jasons explanation? he said you can save twice before anything gets reported to your opponent.. so you can save after the replay, and once more if you have to stop half way through - without any bother... I can't see this being an issue really as long as everyone is sensible.
But if you tell me you have to save 8 times for a 10 minute scenario turn because you have a dog??!!?? I'm gonna be a bit suspicious.. now aren't I??

:smoke:

I did not say a dog. I said four dogs and a sixteen year old son? :rolleyes:

It is funny how a lot of players seem to go down the road of nefareous suspicions of their opponents. :chin: I've played over 2,000 games and can think of only two or three that I even suspected of replaying turns. One was found to be a cheater and it was not from replaying the turns. :kill:
Club ROE's cover most of the "cheating" activities. I hope that the CS Ladder members will not jump to thoughts of cheating if I send a turn with more than two "saves"?Big GrinWhip

Good points stryker!

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2008, 05:21 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
All right,

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. So there is a save counter that kicks off after 2 saves.

It should not cause anyone any concern about any opponent that they currently do not have.

If you have a suspicion about a player please e-mail one of the ladder personnel.

If you are currently a player who does nothing against the rules then keep playing the way you have always played. You have nothing to worry about.

If you are a player who engages in a less than honorable way then you are on notice that tools are on the way, so you better lose those bad habbits fast.

Is that clear enough for all?

Again everyone needs to just continue to debate this topic as they have. Its ok that we get a bit passionate.

If you are still unclear or have specific concerns please PM or e-mail me.

Thanx!
06-10-2008, 11:02 PM,
I can honestly say i have never been suspicious of anyone.......i think mostly just a bunch of good people around here that enjoy this series. someone who may "cheat" really just cheats themselves from some very good turns of action and suspense.....victory is in the enjoyment of playing....and some of my favourite battles that i remember .....i lost...but gee was it fun :-)
06-11-2008, 01:58 AM,
I've gotta add my $.02 worth. I play the game strictly for fun and really don't care if my opponent cheats to win. I understand that some people are concerned about their standings and I would report a person who I thaught was cheating. In the games I've played I don't think anybody has cheated. IMO if some one in this club has to cheat they should play scns on easy againt the AI that way they get all the wins they want. Maybe I have a hard time with this because I do only play for fun and don't count wins or loses just look at my record but sometimes you just gotta have faith.
06-11-2008, 08:13 AM,
Hi,

a little idea for the REAL true secury PBEM ;)

Matrix host a spezial server and the opponents connect all times,
the user like to play, to the server who the last standing is rememberd.

If the data in the game different as the data on the server, then the Game
was cheatet.

You can save and reload as many times you like, as the data stay o.k. with the
server.

Simply it looks like :

-You load the game
-it connects with the server
-you make your turn, finish it or save it if you like
-you disconnect from the server
-later you reload the game
-you connect to the server
-if the turn number and the other variables [position of the units,SP,...]
are the same as by your last save all is fine and you can go on.
-if any data corrupt you get a warning, and your opponent too.

I think this is simple and effective.

R-TEAM
[sorry for my bad english :) ]
06-11-2008, 09:25 AM,
Perhaps I misunderstood the way the "save" reporting works.

If it means you can save twice per move, then I have no problem with that.

I thought that it meant two saves for the whole game?

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

06-11-2008, 01:06 PM,
Just a thought that may negate the whole issue of the replay counter?
I am with McIvan here, I never cheat, no point, it is a false win, but I do save games many times. I'm a night worker and often play on and off when I get breaks.
What may negate the counter is this. - I save all my e-mails for each game being played until they are finished. Sometimes I make maps after a turn is completed in the big scenarios. To do this, I open the old e-mail and reload the opponents last turn to work on, all innocent stuff. What occurs to me is, if someone wanted to cheat and reloaded the old file again, would that register with the counter warning? I have to agree with Von Earlmann, we've all played for so long with trust involved between players, is this going to cause bad feeling that may not have occurred before?
Glint
06-11-2008, 08:45 PM,
it's only going to cause bad feelings if you let it :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM,
I suppose if the save option gives people a warm fuzzy then no big deal..........it will in no way stop cheating tho :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM,
Nope, the save counter is only the beginning. But with the current pace of updates we'll probably have to wait until 2020 before we have a secure PBEM system like Steel Panthers..
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]