• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS meets PG3D "WWII" / "Cold War"
06-05-2008, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2008, 02:36 AM by H.Balck.)
JTCS meets PG3D "WWII" / "Cold War"
H.Balck present the two addons JTCS meets PG3D"WWII" and JTCS meets PG3D"Cold War"(PG3D=Panzergeneral II)

Our Team are:
idea and conversion..........H.Balck
graphic conversion and programming..........H.Balck
historically and geographically Leader..........H.Balck
mapworking..........H.Balck / Hetzer / Arthur / Martin S./ Roland S. / Yang L./ Adrian
uniticons..........Dalibor / Juankar / H.Balck
unitcards..........Volcano / H.Balck / Dalibor

JTCS meets PG3D"WWII"

Included are:
(fully functioning)

1.Multiplayerscenarios
-Battle of the Bulge (Wacht am Rhein)
-Operation Market Garden
-Ghazala 42 (Theseus)
-Malta 42 (Herkules)
-The Battle of Mlawa (Chiechano 39}
-Normandy (D-day+24)
-Kanev comes after patch Matrix 1.03

2.Test-scenario
-Slonim 41 (fictitiously)
-Guadalcanal(fictitiously) with new tropic terrain and japanese and american pazific troops. comes after patch Matrix 1.03

3.View of the operating phase in the largest Multiplayerscenario
-Barbarossa-Armygroup-Center (to see only the western side of the map - Minsk and Smolensk can be looked at
however in the map editor!...... only the group of tanks of 3 and 3.Armee so far completely, other units in parts available.)completly scenario comes on 22.06.2008

4. LCGs
-1st german tankdivision Fall Gelb 1940 -only the first 8 days next 3 days (18./19./20.may 40) comes after patch Matrix 1.03
-18th german tankdivision Barbarossa 1941 -only the first 6 days

5.many more maps (not in the detail completely works on!)

download JTCS meets PG3D WWII version 1.04:
download
new 27th may 2008

Install the setup JTCS meets PG3D WWII in your JTCS-file.

Ready !
Start with a new wf-exe on desktop called JTCS meets PG3D WWII.

JTCS meets PG3D"Cold War"

1. Test-scenario
-Fulda Gap 85 (fictitiously)
-The conquer of Taiwan 85 and 2008(fictitiously and only the northside)comes with the beginning of the olympic games

2. Here are the first icon overview for the different divisions. (NVA / US / GB / BW)
download

download:out of function comes with new US,UK,Soviet Chinese and Taiwanese troops
install: (JTCS meets PG3D "Cold War")
install the setup JTCS meets PG3D Cold War in your JTCS-file.
Start with a new wf-exe on desktop called JTCS meets PG3D Cold War.

ingame problems:
1.You must switch the sommer / winter grafik ! Copy from extra-file in your west front file !
2.Night and day selection manual in your bte-save-files ! (human vs.human-e-mail-play)
3.Pontonbridges manual by fords set/take away in the map editor !
4. Start the 2 LCG-Campaigns with play again ! Than you have the original Strenght of troops ! To play a new LCG, you must clean all LCG-saves and copy an new startfile from my extra-file in your JTCS meets PG3D WWII-file. In version 1.04 you must copy the startfiles from extrafile in your JTCC meets PG3D WWII - file !

For screens go to this major mod side:
matrixgames mod forum

Have Fun !
H.Balck
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2008, 10:11 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: JTCS meets PG3D "WWII" / "Cold War"
For anyone interested in this hybrid game, please go to the Matrix forums and read about it. Believe me, there is plenty there to read.
Since it is not Matrix CS, or even Talonsoft's CS, it will not be discussed on this forum.

This is a forum for the Campaign Series. Though, I appreciate the hard, and quality work, that "Herr Balck" has done in creating a computer game. It is not CS.

cheers
06-08-2008, 10:36 AM,
I've moved this to the general forum and opened it for discussion. These type of posts are allowed here in the General forum.
06-09-2008, 04:54 AM,
Ok - thats nice - your community can see and test it here. Its not CS - its running with JTCS ! Its a mod for JTCS with the engine WF.
Go to this AAR an see more screnns of our PBEM battles and LCG Campaigns.

MP Normandy 1944
MP Battle of the Bulge
LCG 18th tankdivision Barbarossa
LCG 1st tankdivision Fall Gelb

H.Balck
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM,
It's a hybrid of CS. But, I think that myself and others would like to see what it looks like with the version 1.03 upgrade. :chin:

Honestly, I just think that the blend of PG 3-D and CS is not CS. Sorry to say I liked the early PG games but, moved away from it when they came out with the 3-D series. I really hated the 3-d stuff. :rolleyes:

You're combining a game I love with a game version I did not care for.
It would be like kissing your own sister or having your fantasy woman grow a mustache? IMHO. EekWhip

But, I do like the quick and effecient work you do to mod it. :thumbs_up:

cheers
06-13-2008, 10:23 AM,
I quite like the look of it and will give it a go once it is all up and running.
06-14-2008, 11:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2008, 12:21 AM by H.Balck.)
New pioneers with patch 1.03 for JTCS meets PG3D

• all pioneers (infantry, mot. and arm.) can laying minefields, (old 37 code)
• then the mine fields can be put either in the first front against an immediately attacking enemy or however in the safe distance mounted on transporters.
• naturally without enemy attack the mine fields will be vacated in the next round. The trick is to be moved here the mine fields mounted and be disappeared then with the 100 points of action. (screen 1) So all engineerbatl can not only mine fields vacate, but also put.The Batl. of infantry-divisons use horsewagons.
• light bridges cannot put it however, that would be to me too strong switching of the river processes off in the defense in JTCS meets PG3D - in the original however quite better feasiblly.
• Pontonbridges can be put exclusively by the heavy bridge columns. (screen 2) This is then better indicated also graphically as in the original. (old 65539 code)
• In addition there are pioneer courses, which can repair railway bridges. (old 32768 code)
• Obstacles can be built of Construction Engineer or building infantry. (screen 3) (old 69 code)
[Image: newpioneersjq9.png]

Thanks to Jason Petho - Your new platoon-code-system + encrypted code I decoded in 5 minutes.
The new possibilities are mad, I however new additional pontoon diagrams in the Ford files would wish themselves.
[Image: fords3dhb0.png]

H.Balck
07-16-2008, 12:54 AM,
new icons from Dali and new setup v.1.05 comes on 20th july 2008 (included are all features matrix patch 1.03)
[Image: Dalisnewicons.GIF]

H.Balck