• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can't wait for this one !!!
05-24-2008, 06:45 AM,
RE: Can't wait for this one !!!
The entire island would be about 130 hexes by 45 hexes.

The area of battle would be about 30x30 hexes, possibly 40x40.

Now, I know that Crete and Anzio weren't too big, but this would be pushing it, wouldn't it?

Not that I wouldn't pay to have it. :cool:

I'd also thought of Okinawa would be an interesting PC title, but I think that the PC system is the wrong scale. The map of Okinawa in PC mode would be around 120 hexes long, but at its frequent narrow points it would be as few as four hexes wide. What with the massive network of bunkers (or would they be pillboxes in PC?) the game would be quite the set-piece battle. Nowhere near the fun of dashing across the steppes or the desert.

So, now: When will we see the battle for Seelow Heights?
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2008, 08:18 AM,
The PzC game engine could work for the Pacific island campaigns, if the scale were drastically reduced both on the map and unit size.

More likely the Pacific Theater would be better suited for the Squad Battles game.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-25-2008, 08:42 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:The PzC game engine could work for the Pacific island campaigns, if the scale were drastically reduced both on the map and unit size.

More likely the Pacific Theater would be better suited for the Squad Battles game.

Dog Soldier

A couple of the squad battle games cover the battles in the pacific theater
05-25-2008, 10:13 AM,
Some day I will have to look into playing that game system. I hear many good things about it.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-25-2008, 10:26 AM,
I haven't tried them either. I have played some of the Steel Panther scenarios, Iwo Jima springs to mind. They had a good feel to them. Especially with the enemy fire come from unknown locations and trying to maneuver the engineers into positions to mine assault enemy bunkers