• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Turn Replay Problems...
05-19-2008, 06:59 AM,
Turn Replay Problems...
...does anyone else seem to have problems with the turn replays?

It is quite a regular occurrence for me to get an "error in turn replay" or words to that effect and not be able to see the rest of it. Normally, if it happens, it happens quite late in the replay, but I started a big Eagles Strike scne (Stopping the panzers pt 1) and the turn replay crashes after only a couple of shots, which is extremely frustrating.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this?
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM,
RE: Turn Replay Problems...
Ivan, I have been having the same problem with another player. Seems to happen off and on.

You could also try zipping the files. I don't zip CM files but I think the Tiller files can get corrupted when not zipped (I'm unsure of this but somebody more in the know will be able to comment on this).
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM,
Hi Ivan I have had that happen to me me a couple of tomes myself playing Eagle Strike
05-20-2008, 12:12 AM,
Hey guys, here is some previous discussion on this topic from the archived boards.

https://www.theblitz.club/archive/showth...?tid=25110

https://www.theblitz.club/archive/showth...?tid=25091

https://www.theblitz.club/archive/showth...?tid=24869

It looks like nothing has really been resolved.

I always make sure I zip my files prior to mailing, but as you can see that doesn't always work either.

Sorry this isn't a more helpful post! :)
05-20-2008, 10:22 AM,
Hardly your fault Dazooz! Thanks for the archive links.

It seems to me that the frequency and timing of the turn replay errors is related to the size of the scenario...mostly when it happens it is late in the replay. With small scens it doesn't seem to happen at all. But really big scenarios...forget it. Just one of those things we have to deal with I suppose.
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM,
Zipping your game files is a must, IMHO...and then periodically delete the xxx & yyy files out of your game directory.

I've been playing the Tiller titles for longer than 10 years now and never have a replay problem unless someone sent me an unzipped turn.
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM,
I'd never seen the suggestion on the xxx & yyy files Rich, thanks.
05-21-2008, 12:02 AM,
I have this small batch file residing in my C:\Games directory...by running it the program searches all sub-folders and deletes all the appropriate files in one fell swoop.

To do this going into Windows Explorer or My Computer, then go to the parent directory of where ever you have your games installed...if you used the defaults that would be C:\Program Files\HPS Simulations then right click in a blank area and choose "New" and in the menu that pops up to the side choose "Text Document". Name it something like cleanup.bat - you should get a warning about changing the file extension, say yes.

Once created right-click on the file and choose "Edit" then put the following lines in there:

del /s *.yyy
del /s *.xxx

Exit the file and save when prompted. Now all you need to do is double click on this file periodically and it will clean all your game directories out for you. This will work for all your Tiller games.
05-21-2008, 05:09 AM,
Thanks Rich. I never knew about the "xx yy" thingy. Must give it a spin.
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM by McIvan.)
The files I've had problems with have generally been zipped, so that doesn't seem to be the solution....