Tanks! Tanks! Tanks!
05-17-2008, 08:25 PM,
RE: Tanks! Tanks! Tanks!
are you guys enjoying yourselves?
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM,
Ze germans are running rough shod over ze tommies and amerikana's but sadly Fubar is awol and we are not far from finishing. :(
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
05-17-2008, 08:32 PM,
Wigam Wrote:Ze germans are running rough shod over ze tommies and amerikana's but sadly Fubar is awol and we are not far from finishing. :(

very sad to hear...:conf:
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-25-2008, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM by Koen.)
Quote:ScenarioTanks!Tanks!Tanks!
Test Report submitted by: DevilThomas

Balance 3
Enjoyment 2
Briefings 6
Details:
Turns Played 22
My Side Axis
Final Result Major Victory
Victory Conditions Not for the Allies...as it sits, the Allies cannot do anything but lose!
Map & Terrain: Map should be twice as big,
Fortified Positions
Fixed Units
Any comments or remarks

how to improve gameplay: make access to front easy!..... long twisty, hard to plot, road movement ...sucks!
Historical introduction
Game Length
Force mix

What I really liked about this scenario: not too much
What I really DON'T liked about this scenario: too much work to play...very unbalanced...cut axis troops by 33% or make distance to objectives equal, make map bigger, with less trees.

DevilThomas: since you posted this very negative result I would like to know more about the 'why's'.

What do you want to see changed?
Why are your comments so different from the others?

Tell me more!

Koen
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-25-2008, 07:36 PM,
Koen,
We are also missing the feedback from Der Kuenstler :chin:

I will talk to Wigam to see if he got far enough into the Fubar test to be able to leave some feedback?
05-25-2008, 07:43 PM,
Give me a minute to check te game and i will let you know how far i was.
Send this user an email
05-25-2008, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2008, 08:06 PM by wigam.)
Ok.

Me and Fubar were on tur 26 of 40. Don't think that would be enough really. We had such a great turn rate and would have been through it with in the week the way we were playing. The Germans had 7 of 9 flags and i don't think the Allies would have taken this from me. Remains to be seen.
Send this user an email
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM,
Koen Wrote:
Quote:ScenarioTanks!Tanks!Tanks!
Test Report submitted by: DevilThomas

Balance 3
Enjoyment 2
Briefings 6
Details:
Turns Played 22
My Side Axis
Final Result Major Victory
Victory Conditions Not for the Allies...as it sits, the Allies cannot do anything but lose!
Map & Terrain: Map should be twice as big,
Fortified Positions
Fixed Units
Any comments or remarks

how to improve gameplay: make access to front easy!..... long twisty, hard to plot, road movement ...sucks!
Historical introduction
Game Length
Force mix

What I really liked about this scenario: not too much
What I really DON'T liked about this scenario: too much work to play...very unbalanced...cut axis troops by 33% or make distance to objectives equal, make map bigger, with less trees.

DevilThomas: since you posted this very negative result I would like to know more about the 'why's'.

What do you want to see changed?
Why are your comments so different from the others?

Tell me more!

Koen

Ok Koen.... Here is my communication with Kelvin, I am the Germans
I said:
Koen said that the allies couldn't take the Germans head on....but there is no way for the allies to flank.... the only losses I am suffering are due to the fact I have so many tanks that I don't have to bother being careful...a newbie could win hands down playing the Germans. If the Allies make it to the top of that small hill they will face a virtual "parking lot" of heavy german armor on the other side...not to mention about 3 Co's of heavy Infantry, flamethrowers, etc. It is so bad that we should end it and send Koen back to the drawing board. I also hate it that Koen made bringing up reinforcements such a pain in the ass...long twisty roads...dust and terrain that tells the enemy where you are... and that limit approach. With this many units the map should have been twice as big. I will hit "ceasefire" next turn. What do you think Kelvin?

Kelvin answered:

I agree - ceasfire pressed. You are right - the map should be much wider and less micromanaging vehicles down twisty roads....

Kelvin also said:

Yeah - when I saw in the editor that this was classified as a meeting engagement, yet the Germans get more stuff than the Allies (11000 points to 9500 points) plus they set up almost on top of all 2000 points worth of flags I figured I'd lose. I sure wouldn't have taken it on as a real ladder game...Koen did that with "the Ville" too - he made the Germans way too strong and I killed the other guy....

Koen, neither one of us is trying to hurt your feelings, its just that the scenario as it is..... is a sure thing for the Germans....and remember I was the Germans!

Koen....Has anyone won as the Allis? Also it is not fun micromanaging lots of different vehicles, all mixed together, with different movement rates... down long twisty roads to get them to the front...I mean dude...its a pain. Also the map totally limits allies to 2 very narrow approach lanes to battle, so limited that they cannot really flank the Germans so they have to go head to head with German armor....map should be twice the size for the number of units involved.

Bottom line the scenario is not competitive.
05-25-2008, 08:36 PM,
ok, thx for the info.

I'll get back to it in the editor and see what I can do about your remarks.

:bow:

K
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-25-2008, 11:27 PM,
My review added today....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift