• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An Appeal on behalf of Scenario Designers
05-10-2008, 07:35 PM,
An Appeal on behalf of Scenario Designers
Bootie Wrote:LOL @ HedgeHog. I believe he is getting worried as we always have at least one play test going on between us. What I enjoy about playtests is you can use it as a grounding for tactical ideas... safe in the knowledge that you will be awarded the points for a total victory even if you suffer a total defeat.

Shane,

still playing TTT2?

or is it that bad that you don't dare to react? :hissy:

I'll write briefings for a number of scenario I have and upload them to the H2H section.

Got a 'Normandy' battle which tested quite well, even with me as the designer in a H2H...

And I'm currently working on a 'FruhlingsErwachsen' scenario with muchos panzeros and tankos in it Whip
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2008, 08:36 PM,
RE: An Appeal on behalf of Scenario Designers
I am on 2 play tests at moment, one with Bootie, like he says we are always at it, Plus Koens Rush...You should try it, it is a good challenge keeping those Tigers from crossing the bridges, which at the moment is going OK....My opponent is Antony

cheers Ted
05-10-2008, 08:41 PM,
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I am on 2 play tests at moment, one with Bootie, like he says we are always at it, Plus Koens Rush...You should try it, it is a good challenge keeping those Tigers from crossing the bridges, which at the moment is going OK....My opponent is Antony
cheers Ted

that's why I do it...to give you guys a good time...it doesn't always work out with every scenario I make but I won't give up...
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-10-2008, 10:48 PM,
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I am on 2 play tests at moment, one with Bootie, like he says we are always at it, Plus Koens Rush...You should try it, it is a good challenge keeping those Tigers from crossing the bridges, which at the moment is going OK....My opponent is Antony

cheers Ted

Ted,

Dont you mean Antoni ???Big Grin
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
05-10-2008, 11:24 PM,
Koen Wrote:I'll write briefings for a number of scenario I have and upload them to the H2H section.

Got a 'Normandy' battle which tested quite well, even with me as the designer in a H2H...

And I'm currently working on a 'FruhlingsErwachsen' scenario with muchos panzeros and tankos in it Whip

Koen,
As much as i admire your efforts here to try to pass your scenarios through the H2H :bow:, i think you would have more success if you concentrated on just a few scenarios that you already have uploaded already rather than uploading more.:chin:

This approach is very haphazard at best and a more organised testing regime will bring better results IMO. ;)

Volcano Man over at the PzC section has had great success using this very approach, he has three scenarios uploaded and works on them to get them onto the approved list before he uploads more, i suggest this is an approach you might consider rather than uploading multiple scenarios that i will have to delete in a year when they have not been tested. :chin:

By the way, have you read my "sticky" thread at the top of this forum, there are several of your scenarios on the list for deletion. :(
05-10-2008, 11:40 PM,
Hey Koen... I cant even remember who my opponent was for Tanks Tanks Tanks 2.

He just stopped sending the file over to me.
05-11-2008, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2008, 03:05 AM by Koen.)
Bootie Wrote:Hey Koen... I cant even remember who my opponent was for Tanks Tanks Tanks 2.
He just stopped sending the file over to me.

and you don't know why?

how far were you into the battle?
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-11-2008, 03:16 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
Koen Wrote:I'll write briefings for a number of scenario I have and upload them to the H2H section.

Koen,
As much as i admire your efforts here to try to pass your scenarios through the H2H :bow:, i think you would have more success if you concentrated on just a few scenarios that you already have uploaded already rather than uploading more.:chin:

This approach is very haphazard at best and a more organised testing regime will bring better results IMO. ;)

Volcano Man over at the PzC section has had great success using this very approach, he has three scenarios uploaded and works on them to get them onto the approved list before he uploads more, i suggest this is an approach you might consider rather than uploading multiple scenarios that i will have to delete in a year when they have not been tested. :chin:

By the way, have you read my "sticky" thread at the top of this forum, there are several of your scenarios on the list for deletion. :(

Quote:Guns of Navarone-Koen
Crossroads-Koen
Streetfighting-Koen
Tanks!Tanks!Tanks!-Koen
Koen - The Vill

Guns of Navarone: score after 2 try-outs: 8.8667
what do you want me to do? delete it?

Crossroads: score after 2 try-outs: 8.4167
same here, delete it with this score?

Streetfighting: score after 5 try-outs: 7.92
1 game still ongoing, so you're gonna delete while it's still being playtested?

Tanks!Tanks!Tanks!: score after 4 try-outs: 8.9583
2 games ongoing, delete it? why?
been trying to 'approve' it for months without succes

The Vill: score after 8 try-outs: 7.8708
1 game ongoing

Maybe it's a language problem but deleting these files seems to me that I'm getting punished without a reason.
If there were scenarios that were getting scores as f.e. 5/10 or such I would understand but now?

Please explain :chin:
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-11-2008, 07:05 AM,
Koen,
First point, it is not just you that is having to justify why after a year your scenarios should remain, this is also happening with Owl at CM and designers at CS and SP as well.

I think a review of where scenarios stand from time to time is a good thing, i have already removed a lot of "deadwood" scenarios from the H2H and now i am getting down to the active ones.

Now i keep a eye on the CM H2H and i know for a fact that Guns of Navarone and Crossroads have never been tested in that time, it turns out that Crossroads has not been tested since Jan 07 and Navarone Nov 07, i am afraid they just cannot sit there for ever, they either get tested or removed.

The Vill has only been tested once this year and are you sure the test registered is ongoing? It seems to have been there a very long time.

I know that Tanks!Tanks!Tanks! and Rush are being activily tested, so they can remain as long as that continues.

So i cannot treat you any different to any other designer, you still have to justify why your scenarios should stay after a year, you must get these scenarios moved on before you think about uploading more, as i said in this thread you need to take a more organised approach to your scenario testing to succeed! :)

You are in no way being punished (as is any other designer), but if designers need a prod every now and then to "keep them on their toes" i will.
05-11-2008, 07:08 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Koen,
First point, it is not just you that is having to justify why after a year your scenarios should remain, this is also happening with Owl at CM and designers at CS and SP as well.

I think a review of where scenarios stand from time to time is a good thing, i have already removed a lot of "deadwood" scenarios from the H2H and now i am getting down to the active ones.

Now i keep a eye on the CM H2H and i know for a fact that Guns of Navarone and Crossroads have never been tested in that time, it turns out that Crossroads has not been tested since Jan 07 and Navarone Nov 07, i am afraid they just cannot sit there for ever, they either get tested or removed.

The Vill has only been tested once this year and are you sure the test registered is ongoing? It seems to have been there a very long time.

I know that Tanks!Tanks!Tanks! and Rush are being activily tested, so they can remain as long as that continues.

So i cannot treat you any different to any other designer, you still have to justify why your scenarios should stay after a year, you must get these scenarios moved on before you think about uploading more, as i said in this thread you need to take a more organised approach to your scenario testing to succeed! :)

You are in no way being punished (as is any other designer), but if designers need a prod every now and then to "keep them on their toes" i will.

what do you want me to do?
advertise and make sure they get playtested?

is that sufficient?

K
visit WaT HERE!!!