• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Newsletter
05-08-2008, 04:04 AM,
RE: New Newsletter
Wigam Wrote:Come on chaps. Please some one from my home ladder answer the Editors Picture quiz from the April 2008 Newsletter.

Like Vesku said, the Civil War painting's the stumper. Let's see, we've got Union troops with artillery support taking it to the Rebs in a grassy rural environ. That narrows it down to about 475 candidates ...

-- 30 --
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2008, 05:24 AM,
but there are not so many famous battles out there... :)
05-08-2008, 07:19 AM,
ekapic Wrote:but there are not so many famous battles out there... :)

Ekapic is right.

I am from New Zealand and I know of this battle, so its obviously one of the more famous ones. Look at the background and its a big clue.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
05-08-2008, 07:43 AM,
Wigam Wrote:
ekapic Wrote:but there are not so many famous battles out there... :)

Ekapic is right.

I am from New Zealand and I know of this battle, so its obviously one of the more famous ones. Look at the background and its a big clue.

Yea, but I'm a U.S. grognard whose great-great-great-grandfather Lafayette survived the first nonstop urban bombardment campaign in Vicksburg, while his younger brother fought for the Union. (Livin' the cliche!) There's a hundred of them that are famous in my world view. ;) Squinting at the image after your hint did give it away, but I wouldn't rate the answer in my Top 10 most famous engagements. It's interesting that it's so high-profile for y'all.

-- 30 --
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM,
Not taking a second look at the picture but is it Gettysburg?
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
05-08-2008, 02:48 PM,
Vesku Wrote:Not taking a second look at the picture but is it Gettysburg?

Oh no, Gettysburg is No. 1 with a bullet in any reckoning of the USCW. It *was* my first thought because of the two flat hilltops in the distance, but they're assbackwards from where they should be for Gettysburg. (Or the union suits and the ragamuffins have swapped sides. Something.) They're also too far away.

Yea, I'm a geek. As if I needed to prove it yet again.*

*Speaking of, this is my 100th post, IIRC. Maybe the Sub-Mariner and his Atlantean hordes will invade my next game! If so, I'll whup some blueskinned ass with a '43 Italian infantry regiment and light armor company. Two-fisted LMG-toting Fanterias for the win, baby ...

... except my esteemed opponent brought a company of Churchills to the desert.

-- 30 --
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM,
No not Gettsyburg. The big clue terrain feature is not the hills....
Send this user an email
05-08-2008, 04:06 PM,
Harrisburg? Hamburg? Any other burg? No?
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM,
seabolt Wrote:Yea, but I'm a U.S. grognard whose great-great-great-grandfather Lafayette survived the first nonstop urban bombardment campaign in Vicksburg, while his younger brother fought for the Union. (Livin' the cliche!) There's a hundred of them that are famous in my world view. ;) Squinting at the image after your hint did give it away, but I wouldn't rate the answer in my Top 10 most famous engagements. It's interesting that it's so high-profile for y'all.

Ok i agree too, from my loney point of view own here in NZ i have heard of this battle and read about it and found it very interesting. It is famous for a certain fact.
Send this user an email
05-08-2008, 07:36 PM,
1 more award of bonus point to go. Who wants it?
Send this user an email