• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Armored Assaults
05-04-2008, 10:22 PM,
Armored Assaults
The rules state that unsupported armor assaults in non-clear terrain are resolved with armor at half strength. If an Improved Position/Trench counter is in a clear hex, is that still considered clear terrain? Or does the protection offered by the IP/Trench negate the clear terrain??????
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2008, 11:51 PM,
RE: Armored Assaults
The terrian is clear so the attack is at full strength, the IP has no bearing here as far as i am concerned. :chin:

Maybe others have a different take on this?
05-05-2008, 12:41 AM,
Have you tested it?
05-05-2008, 01:36 AM,
JonS1 Wrote:Have you tested it?

Yes should be an easy enough test with on map results.
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM,
My understanding is that fortifications are not terrain in game terms for assaults. The armor assault strength would not be modified.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-05-2008, 04:57 PM,
Just ran a simple test on this and the presence of an improved position or a tench makes no difference to the attackers modifier
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM,
I think it does affect the calculation for the disruption result.
It is not a complete waste.
Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM,
Hey DS,

I am not aware of any modifiers to a disruption check. As far as I can tell from the manual and everything else I have seen playing, the check is strictuly based on the unit's current, fatigue adjusted, morale. Here is the section from the manual:

Quote:When units suffer losses due to Combat Results, they may have to undergo a Morale Check. A random die roll from 1 to 6 is generated and compared with the unit’s current Morale value. If the die roll is less than or equal to the Morale value, then the unit passes the Morale Check. A unit which fails a Morale Check becomes Disrupted, and if already Disrupted and at Maximum Fatigue, becomes Broken.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM,
RickyB,

Gosh darn it, your right! I mis read the following under the assaults section.

Attackers Disruption Effects
The disruptive effect of losses on the attackers is modified according to the following effects:
· Assault losses are doubled to determine Disruption of the attacker.
· Assaults conducted at night have a further doubling effect on losses to determine Disruption of the attacker.
· If the terrain modifier of the defending hex is M, then the assault losses of the attacker are scaled by 100 / (100 + M) to determine Disruption of the attacker.

Since fortifications are counters and not terrain, there is no effect on disruption calculations.

Thank you for the correction. No wonder your so hard to beat! Back to officers school for me!

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
05-08-2008, 12:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2008, 12:04 AM by Ricky B.)
And thanks Dog Soldier, that is all new to me - I knew there was increased fatigue at night this increasing the odds of disruption if the morale level dropped because of it, but I wasn't aware of the assaulting or attacker terrain adjustments myself!!! Thanks for posting that. I am not sure how it fits into the check itself, which states it is strictly a check against the current morale, but I did read another part that stated the "fire effect" is used in determing disruption, which must fit into the adjustments above - I just don't have a clue how that part is modeled compared to the simple disruption check itself. Curious!

Thanks!
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]