• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why We Like PzC
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM,
RE: Why We Like PzC
Yes Jazman, great thread. cheers
Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2008, 12:14 PM,
I missed this thread first time around but I do want to take the opportunity to record my appreciation of this fine series.

IMHO the PzC is the most enjoyable, stimulating and challenging wargame series for PBEM going around. And quite possibly the most fun you can legally have while sitting in front of a computer screen Big Grin

Things I really like about the series :

1. The maps. Being a map fanatic I love the detailed maps. The map of Sicily for example is awesome. I have been known to spend an indecent amount of time just looking over the detail on that map--almost as much fun as playing the game.

2. The balance of play options presented to the player with numerous strategic, operational and tactical decisions to make.

3. The generous provision of regular updates for all games in the series. The older games are continuously improved.

4. The stability of the game system. In years of gameplay I cannot recall a single CTD. The only regular bug I have noticed is the sound loop bug but this is easily fixed by saving and re-starting the game.

5. The realistic depiction of terrain and it effects on movement and combat.

6. The detailed and accurate OOBs.

7. The easy to use interface--especially helpful are the unit visibilty and movement range buttons ( the absence of the latter in the HPS Napoleonic Wars series is sorely missed !)

8. Realistic command and control.

9. Air power and supplies are well modelled.

10. The readily updatable and accessible game manual.

11. Volcano Man's great mods.

Gee on re-reading this I guess it does give the impression that I rather like this series.....:rolleyes:
05-17-2008, 02:12 PM,
My favorite aspect is the support; the fact that the first title in the series that I bought (I forget how many years ago) is not obsolete; its updated to the same standards as the most recent title. And those updates are in large part based on customer feedback. Does anyone else in the industry care that much about their customers? Thanks HPS.
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM,
SGT Rice Wrote:My favorite aspect is the support; the fact that the first title in the series that I bought (I forget how many years ago) ....

Smolensk '41 was published toward the end of 1999 - 10 years ago almost!

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-18-2008, 09:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2008, 09:14 AM by Panzer VI.)
I'm new here,but I have been playing PzCs for quite some time.

I like the fact that it's such a realistic operational game,and the fact that I always know people still like turn based IGOUGO games.I have to agree with Kharkov,the maps are amazing to look at.I was actually playing well within 30 minutes of it reaching my house from the easy to use interface. :)
05-25-2008, 10:49 AM,
My main reason for playin PC is it is like playin a table top wargame. I cant stand the realtime games they are makin now. The gaming industry is flooded with all these realtime / sim time type games. I like thinking and planning what i am going to do , then try and execute my plan. These games are perfect for that. Basically its just ww2 chess with alot of pieces. I am glad to see that there are still a few companies that make these ww2 type games.