• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Airmobile units in MC
05-04-2008, 04:34 AM,
RE: Airmobile units in MC
Mike Bowen Wrote:Tying all Helo units to a range from a base unit would be good. Making them dismount when disrupted might be an option and I would have thought you could except landing in some types of hexes at the end of a turn without too much difficulty it is, I guess, sort of the reverse of mech units not coming out of T mode in marshes.

That is a good analogy Mike - and a neat analysis of how something that on the surface sounds good can have a number of twists to getting it right. And it is these exceptions that cause the programming headaches (or so I understand).

John Tiller always asked me to express what I would like done without having to use the phrase "but if ....." in the logic.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM,
RE: Airmobile units in MC
odd that, the only things I do with programs is IF logic within word via our case management, I have no idea how Pz Camp works but its seems that it must have some form of IF logic. I really think tying in the range would help with lots of the "gamey" problems.

You could make helo units break if outside the range a bit like units within a protected hex.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply