• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea '85
05-01-2008, 03:59 AM,
Korea '85
I recently got Middle East '67 and Korea '85, both excellent games, as usual. There have been lots of additional scenarios done for Middle East, covering all the wars there and some hypothetical conflicts. There are additional scenarios done for Korea too, but I haven't yet found anything that covers the original Korean war of '50 to '53. Does anyone know if there are any scenarios that are designed for this conflict, or is anyone working on that?
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2008, 03:39 AM,
RE: Korea '85
alaric99x Wrote:I recently got Middle East '67 and Korea '85, both excellent games, as usual. There have been lots of additional scenarios done for Middle East, covering all the wars there and some hypothetical conflicts. There are additional scenarios done for Korea too, but I haven't yet found anything that covers the original Korean war of '50 to '53. Does anyone know if there are any scenarios that are designed for this conflict, or is anyone working on that?

I haven't heard of any mods for the 1950s war. But I'm sure someone will chime in if there are and we can both download them.cheers
05-02-2008, 05:05 AM,
Perhaps HPS has something in the pipeline. :chin:
I mean a good part of the map is already done in K85.Some small changes would need to be done to citys and roads.
I had heard the map is the most difficult aspect.
Just have to add more of N Korea to the Yalu.

Kuriltai
05-02-2008, 05:28 AM,
Extending the map up to the Yalu would be nice, but the map that's already available is sufficient for lots of scenarios. As you say, Kuriltai, just a few small changes to the towns and roads, Seoul would be much smaller, etc.

Of course, it's easy for me to analyze that, I've never done any scenario changes, I only play them. Where are all the creative geniuses who design all those great scenarios? Is anybody working on such a project, or contemplating it?
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM,
For sometime I have been working off-and-on on a 1951 scenario of the Chinese Spring Offensive. I have the map area chosen and the OOB about 90% done. But, my interest has fluctuated. Right now, I am into the War Between the States.

The major issue I see with a scenario of this timeframe is that the Chinese army is mostly infantry and does not necessarily mean a lot of fun for that player. Plus, based on the size of the Chinese army and that the game favors the attacker (as the defender does not get any fire bonuses), the Chinese forces have to be significantly reduced in their attack ratings.

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?”
05-02-2008, 07:33 PM,
CptCav Wrote:I have the map area chosen and the OOB about 90% done. But, my interest has fluctuated.

90% done(!!), maybe the spirits will move you to fluctuate back and finish that other 10%. Anyway, glad to hear somebody has been working on this war.

Incidentally, I just read your report on REFORGER, very well done! I think I was here then, I'd have to dig out my DD214 to be sure. I was in 51st Maint Bn, under the 21st SUPCOM which was headquartered in K-town (Kaiserslautern). I would have been in Karlsruhe at that time, or on my way to Ft. Hood.

You should see Ramstein now. I'm pretty sure it's the largest air base outside CONUS. It does personnel processing and logisitical support for operations in SW Asia. I've run into guys there stationed in Iraq who go to Ramstein for a few days R&R and shopping. Of course, Ramstein doesn't exist on my civilian map, it just shows a forest there.