• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No one likes good scenarios?
05-02-2008, 12:13 AM,
RE: No one likes good scenarios?
Weasel Wrote:1. you cannot report the game as a standard game, which makes sense in case the scenario is totally lop sided.

Shouldn't the players be able to make that decision? If they agree to play a test scenario, they also know that it could be unbalanced. One solution is to play it mirrored and add the points together from both games, which would balance out most scenarios. I think that would be the easiest way of making the testing of new scenarios more attractive.

There are no restrictions on playing unbalanced games for the ladder for other purposes (there are plenty of unbalanced scenarios that are playable for the ladder, and you could also turn any generated battle into something lopsided by volontarily or unvolontarily picking the wrong settings).

I don't care too much about winning or losing, so I could test a scenario for fun too, but it does add a bit to the excitement to have it recorded as a ladder game. Bonus points are not as fun :)
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2008, 05:46 AM,
Nope, the club rules were the scenario would not be reported but the bonus points would be given out. I put forth the idea of allowing the game to be reported as a draw with bonus points awarded, but not sure if that flew or not.

Will check on it and get back to you.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-18-2008, 05:03 PM,
Vesku Wrote:Is it true that there is not a single soul in the SP community who wants to PBEM good scenarios?

Well..., that depends I guess...

...what is a good scenario for PBEM?

Is it a big or small scenario, 30 turns or 15 turns, "historical" or "balanced" etc...
05-18-2008, 07:58 PM,
You wouldn't know anyway before you test it :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
05-19-2008, 04:01 AM,
Vesku Wrote:Is it true that there is not a single soul in the SP community who wants to PBEM good scenarios?

I would - then I can spare the time (and thinking) to buying troops and deploy - and get to the figthing ASAP - and when I loose I can always blame an unbalanced scenario :-))).

For long time I have had an idea for a tournament "Stock of war" using only stock scenarios and the shadow player point system.
And someday when the weeks comes with two Thursdays, I may actually try to arrange it.

Regards
Stonefire
05-19-2008, 05:33 AM,
Well, you are one of the few that have tested scenarios.

I am at the moment building a tourney with Weasel from Squad Leader scenarios. I have to say that the fighting will be intense from start to finish. I hope you will find your week with two Thursdays some time in the near future.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]