• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No one likes good scenarios?
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM,
RE: No one likes good scenarios?
There is four for MBT, check the H2H page.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM,
The H2H format of developong scenarios that are balanced for PBEM is a proven method, but it takes someone with dedication (like Foul on the OpC ladder) to make it work. There are some top notch designers on the SP forum that I recognize from way back, and I'm sure there are others unknown to me who reside here now.

Nothing brings a community to life than designers producing new scenarios, and nothing makes those scenarios world class like some PBEM testing and balancing.

Someone from SP shold consider stepping up perhaps? :chin:
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM,
I know I have time for the job for next three weeks but after that I'm my busy self again and what is the point if I can't give it my best?
Vesku

04-30-2008, 12:57 AM,
Vesku Wrote:I know I have time for the job for next three weeks but after that I'm my busy self again and what is the point if I can't give it my best?

I understand, and I agree, if you don't have the time to do it right you shouldn't try to do so. But I wasn't aiming at you (or anyone else). It was more of a general call to arms. ;)
04-30-2008, 03:01 AM,
Oh, sorry! My bad but it just looked awfully well aimed at my direction :)
Vesku

04-30-2008, 04:05 AM,
We had a discussion about the H2H section on the officer ladder. From what I see the reason no one plays the scenarios is two fold:

1. you cannot report the game as a standard game, which makes sense in case the scenario is totally lop sided.

2. the points awarded for testing and completing the H2H questionnaire are below what a player could get for obtaining a minor assault win with far more work.

I believe the point system was being reviewed after much debate, but I do not know where it stands right now. I think, however, that if the points awarded were greater, lets say 50 points per person, then maybe more people would test.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-30-2008, 04:10 AM,
BTW - it is up to the scenario designer to push their scenarios through. Right now it seems the designers are uploading their scenarios and expecting the H2H custodian to do all the leg work. This is not the case, it is your baby to rock.

Right now we are looking at a time limit removal to prevent this. Lets say allowing the scenario to sit for 3 months and if no activity then deleting it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-30-2008, 04:19 AM,
Weasel Wrote:BTW - it is up to the scenario designer to push their scenarios through. Right now it seems the designers are uploading their scenarios and expecting the H2H custodian to do all the leg work. This is not the case, it is your baby to rock.

Right now we are looking at a time limit removal to prevent this. Lets say allowing the scenario to sit for 3 months and if no activity then deleting it.

This is exactly why I started this thread, there is an excellent scenario waiting for testing, I've advertised it and still no one is biting.
Vesku

04-30-2008, 05:47 AM,
1. It agree with Weasel, that it is necessary good bonus points.

2. Scenario for Head to Head.
This version of game is not so popular in us in Russia, but is a few fans.

Scenario for WinSP.
I suggest to make link (banner) at a forum in section Steel Panthers that they all time were on a kind. Then someone will want to try to play scenario.
Send this user an email
05-01-2008, 06:57 AM,
It is nice to see that Vesku is trying to push his scenarios through the H2H system but.............as Paul has touched on the H2H at any section will never achieve very much without a hell of a lot of dedication from the section Rep and the designer(s), i am not one to push a point too strongly, but this has been proved to myself time & time again and i also have personal experience of how much time and effort I have to put into the H2H section over at PzC to make it run smootly, so much in fact that i would have to give up all playing of PzC to free up enough time to run another section!

No amount of points offered will get you round this problem, although i do agree extra testing points will gain you more testers.

So i really, really hate to sound negative, i want the H2H to succeed as much as anybody, but we have to be realistic here, without real longterm dedication from someone here at SP we will not see any progress.

Having said that if anybody does step to the plate i will do everything in my power to help them out.