• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
06-03-2008, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2008, 10:35 AM by Amnesia.)
RE: France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
HOLY SHIT !!! I did not know this place !!

HI everybody !!:)
I am new here, it is my first post like you can see, but I am FOND OF opart since 1998, Since I've played many many many hours on this game..It is my really second game after tetris. Maybe some of you already saw me on youtube.. I only found one interested friend for opart, and not one more..I never experienced an online fighting with somebody..

I am really really happy for having found this place !!
I think I understand very well the working of TOAW..
Where shall I have to go in this forum to complete my knowledge about this game ?

2 questions right now for example :

How is managed the decision for first/second player on each turn ?
How is managed the using of Nuclear weapons ?
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM,
Impressive FRANCE 40 game completed..I think that I never broken the allies lines so far in this scenario..
A question for cillmhor, did you ever successfully finished this scenario in managing allies forces ?
06-03-2008, 11:19 AM,
Amnesia, this is a heavily modified version of the original France 40; you can download it on this site; go "H2H Scenario Testing" from the menu at the top of the page; then, Opart War; Approved Scenarios; and you can download.

I did the modifications; during playtesting, most said the Allies could not lose, but since then, the Germans have won several times; I don't know, they may even have the advantage, but each side can try various strategies, so it's hard to say...

Welcome aboard!!
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2008, 01:03 PM by Amnesia.)
oh my god..I think that I have a lot to learn here..I stayed alone on this game a too long time..
It is really difficult forme to understand every existing version..
I will try with a first question :
it seems that everybody here use OPART III, and they can play with the old scenarios..I never played OPART II and III..
Actually, I don't really well know which game I have, it is for sure Opart 300, with some hacked update, because I can play with more than 100 scenarios..
So what I have to do to be 100% updated with this game ?
Shall I have to play with opart III ? With some patch ?
06-03-2008, 06:04 PM,
Amnesia Wrote:Impressive FRANCE 40 game completed..I think that I never broken the allies lines so far in this scenario..
A question for cillmhor, did you ever successfully finished this scenario in managing allies forces ?

Hi Amnesia,

I have only played the France 40 Mod B scenario as the Germans, not tried the Allies yet. As Ed (Currahee) said, the Allies have a decent chance at winning too. I highly recommend it as an enjoyable scenario, lots of options as to how you play it. Welcome to the site.
06-03-2008, 09:23 PM,
Amnesia,

I'll give you a short summary here: there are several versions of the game, TOAW I, II, Wargame of the Year (called "WOTY"), Century of Warfare (called "COW"), and now, TOAW III. They are all the same game. There's not complete backward compatibility, BUT when a scenario is saved in the editor of the latest updated version of any of those games, it is playable in COW; and then, it can be saved in the editor of TOAW III, and is playable in TOAW III. So, it is not too hard, but if you have a very old scenario, you might need to find someone to "convert" it for you. I can do that, and there are others here as well. Likewise, on some of the scenario depots, like Rugged Defense, many of the old scenarios have already been converted, and are now identified as "TOAW III".

The old scenarios, of course, won't use all the new features, even though they will be playable. The best scenarios will be those designed for TOAW III, so I'd strongly recommend that you buy TOAW III.

Hope that helps!
06-04-2008, 01:55 AM,
Thank you very much for these explanations !
That helps me a lot !
So actualy I play on COW, that is the reason I can play with so many scenarios..I guess that almost every players here use TOAW III, so impossible for me to play against somebody here with my COW ...?