• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Those damned PIAT !
04-26-2008, 05:03 AM,
Those damned PIAT !
Hi,

In 2 recent games, two similar sequences happened to me.
My veteran PIAT shot on a stug which was moving towards it. Of course, it missed the first shot, as the vehicule was moving. No problem.
But a few seconds later, when a pzshreck would have already reload, it was still reloading. The vehicule was still approching... After 37 seconds (end of the turn), the PIAT wasn't still reloaded. I was begining to punch on my screen !
Then, and that is the big deal, it was reloading during the entire next turn !!!!
Of course the vehicule passed with a complete serenity, ignoring it was "menaced".
Finally, the PIAT was ready to shot again 12 second after the begining of the next turn. total reloading time : 105 SECONDS !!!!!
And the other strange thing is here : This long reloading delay happens only after the first shot. Because with the other shots, it is a normal quick reloading delay.
I met this problem in two recent games, with similar delays.
What's your experience about that ?

Cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2008, 05:39 AM,
RE: Those damned PIAT !
Never seen that before. Had the unit suffered a casuality?
04-26-2008, 06:09 AM,
Maybe because the PIAT team must have putt the ammo bag down and then it took time to open it to take the rounds to reaload..after that the reload thing could have been done easily
04-26-2008, 06:32 AM,
If a unit is pinned, it will not allocate time to setting up (MG, AT gun) Perhaps being pinned has something to do with reload time. Check to see if the unit was pinned at any point during this time.

Also, the time it takes to reload is determined by the experience level of the unit. But I do not think this was the prime variable of concern here.

Cheers!

Leto
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM,
Hi,

I re-watch those sequences to empty doubt.

The first one was a 67 seconds delay. the unit was regular, no casualty, and a normal status (no tired or something like that)

For the second one (the 105 seconds), i made a mistake, as i have not seen that the unit shot after 72 seconds. Sometimes, when PIATs shoot, there isn't any clearly visible shell. But 72 second is a very long delay for a reloading, isn't it ? veteran unit, no casualty, normal status + a really good leader near.

This long delays never happen with shreks or bazookas. May PIAT have special technology, i don't know.

cheers.
Hubert
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
04-27-2008, 02:28 AM,
jawsconan Wrote:May PIAT have special technology, i don't know.

cheers.
Hubert

Well PIATs are different from both Bazookas and Panzerschreks in such as they were spring loaded.

Maybe your guys just weren't strong enough to operate it, i.e. compress the spring far enough for it to catch. (Would be surprised if that was programmed in, but you never know!)
04-27-2008, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2008, 07:59 AM by Extraordinarius.)
Quote:Well PIATs are different from both Bazookas and Panzerschreks in such as they were spring loaded.

Maybe your guys just weren't strong enough to operate it, i.e. compress the spring far enough for it to catch. (Would be surprised if that was programmed in, but you never know!)

The PIAT was a bear to cock for the first shot, but the recoil recocked it therafter. The abilities to shoot from small enclosed spaces and for a good crew to fire a shot every five seconds were advantages that compensated for the strong recoil, marginal penetration and unwieldy cocking system. These seem to be among the advantages of Allied weapons that have been edited out of the game.