• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPWW2 & MBT Will Soon Support PBEM Campaigns!
04-25-2008, 01:23 AM,
RE: SPWW2 & MBT Will Soon Support PBEM Campaigns!
seabolt Wrote:Seriously, though, that's an excellent point. We get used to 90%, 95% (100% :laughing:) retention rates in campaign core units vs the AI. Won't happen in PBEM, not unless you stack the deck.

In PBEM I think I typically get about 50 casualties in a 150 man infantry company, but my tank crew casualty rate would usually be much higher; and that's when I win!

In a losing battle the casualties are often far higher.
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2008, 06:18 AM,
Cross Wrote:In PBEM I think I typically get about 50 casualties in a 150 man infantry company, but my tank crew casualty rate would usually be much higher; and that's when I win!

In older SP versions, it made a huge difference whether those 50 casualties were 5 dead squads or 0 dead squads with a few losses sprinkled among many of them. Even if you just had 1 or 2 guys left in the squad, once you rebuilt it after the battle the "newbies" would take on the experience and skill of the survivors.

I'm curious whether that's still the case in SPWW2/MBT.

-- 30 --
04-25-2008, 06:53 AM,
Yes, I recall that was how it worked. I'd assume it still works that way as I haven't heard differently. But I've not played camps against the AI for a looooong time.

As for my 50 casualties per company. Perhaps that would only be the total loss of 1 or 2 squads/sections. I try to move badly damaged sections out of harms way, because of the extra points lost if they are anihilated.
04-25-2008, 07:11 AM,
Sounds like good news to me!

Alex