• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Satchel Charges
04-19-2008, 01:22 PM,
Satchel Charges
Was having a look at the assault rules on the help file, and it mentions totting up the fire values of all your weapons when calculating the assault result.

Would that include satchel charges?

In other words, am I better off carrying my satchel charge into the assault, or chucking it beforehand?
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2008, 01:06 AM,
RE: Satchel Charges
If you want to use the SC in the assault, you'll want to chuck it before hand, then assault.

If you assault without chucking the SC, it doesn't add to the assault value, but you will still have the SC to use in a later turn (provided the soldier holding the SC doesn't get killed in the assault).
04-20-2008, 08:07 AM,
I tend to launch the SC prior to the assault. They tend to do a fair amount of damage, often lowering the morale of the folks taking the hit.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
04-20-2008, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM by McIvan.)
Thanks Dazooz. I did note that assaulting with them doesn't use it up....but then again assaulting doesn't use up any other weapon either, so the question came to mind.
04-20-2008, 10:31 PM,
TheBigRedOne Wrote:I tend to launch the SC prior to the assault. They tend to do a fair amount of damage, often lowering the morale of the folks taking the hit.

Yup, depending on what I am assaulting. Those breaching/assault weapons seem to be always in high demand though, (never seems to be enough of them to go around! :) ) so I try and make sure I use it where it is most needed.
04-24-2008, 03:17 AM,
Well crap a load! I have always carried them "into" the assault and did not know that they were not used (or just never noticed) when doing so.

Live and learn (or in my case...sacrifice my virtual troops and learn).

Good info.
04-26-2008, 02:31 AM,
Riley D. Smith Wrote:Well crap a load! I have always carried them "into" the assault and did not know that they were not used (or just never noticed) when doing so.

Live and learn (or in my case...sacrifice my virtual troops and learn).

Good info.

Same thing with Molotov cocktails and some other weapons so you want to look before hand at the assault values. If you see a '0' thne it is not used in asault.