• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto
05-10-2008, 08:53 PM,
RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto
I hardly see it as being attacked, insulted (?) and as for humiliated... hmmm... I dont think so. If Leto wishes to continue with the DAR then fine... write a DAR. I asked him to tone it down which he has... I now want Leto and others to stand down in their nipping of the moderator for making that request.
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2008, 09:07 PM,
I've played Col T many times, and he always manages to throw in a surprise. Worse surprise is when he wins. How can it be???

Don't let your guard down Leto, he is a sneaky one; But you already know that. Detail his (and your) tricks in picture and prose for all of the world to see.

Now back to what enquiring minds really want to know from this DAR -
did your wife notice you chatting up the Lady VP in pink, and did you get her number?
05-11-2008, 12:41 AM,
Bootie Wrote:I hardly see it as being attacked, insulted (?) and as for humiliated... hmmm... I dont think so. If Leto wishes to continue with the DAR then fine... write a DAR. I asked him to tone it down which he has... I now want Leto and others to stand down in their nipping of the moderator for making that request.

Hi Shane!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I think that a moderator calling someone's work "childish" could be construed as insulting to some. Perhaps that part should have been left to PM, or left out of the reply completely.

I believe that insults are only effective if you allow them to be effective, and it is a matter of personal choice to be insulted by anything that anyone says.

Besides, I think some people infer way too much about what people say or write and take the negative far too often and too quickly! Wouldn't you say? If we were all a bit more tolerant of each other and laughed at ourselves a wee bit more, I personally think the world would be a better place. I'm sure all of us agree!

So no worries! Water off a duck's back M8!

I also believe it is an opinion, and Shane (and others) are due that opinion. Besides, Shane was obviouly right! It was horribly childish, and offensive!

Thus my move towards a more sanguine, tongue in cheek and innovative type of humor (as Shane has politely requested). Just a note, many other people here at the Blitz have requested this: not just Shane. Lest we recall that Shane had no problem with the DAR before others complained.

So, please do not get on Shane's case here, as he is only reflecting the viewpoints of his fellow blitz members. Shane is also a fair and very moderate moderator, and I for one am happy to have someone to moderate these boards that acts in that manner at all times. I do not think that anyone can cast any negative judgement on any of Shane's actions since becoming CM moderator.

I, for one, do not and support his continued efforts here and will be working hand in hand (but I daresay Shane would not skip with me, even if I asked him politely) with him to cast my posts in a more appropriate format.

The DAR will continue, so no fears everyone!

Tolerance, respect and civility will prevail.

Cheers all, and I hope that this will be the last bit of twittering done within this DAR.

Please feel free to post questions, and join in the comradely fun here at any time!

That is what a Message Board is for, is it not?

Cheers, peace and love!

Leto
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM,
Are you sitting comfortably?

Good.

Then we shall begin.

A bevy of Dave's tanks crash out of the woodwork to explode upon my west flank.

Sensing an imminent attack on my SS troopers on the hillside, I proceed with a full scale shift out of the line of fire. Sure enough, the next turn arrives and Dave makes an unsavory comment about having some HE with my morning donut. I don't even like donuts (well, I do, but they are no good for you, kind of like HE).

[Image: cage16-1.jpg]

One TacAm, and two T-34/85's open up on my men to find them gone gone gone for so long so long, they bin gone gone gone for so long... (not a Turan Turan tune btw, but a great Canadian band called 'Chilliwack')

[Image: cage16-2.jpg]

Speaking of the Turan's, one rings an AP shell off of one of the indirect firing T-34's to no effect and then the whole band of Hungarian tanks withdraws back down the hillside.

[Image: cage16-3.jpg]

As you can see, Dave has played his hand early, and has moved the remaining might of his forces into the gap in the west thinking my Panthers toothless in the east.

Not the case.

[Image: cage16-4.jpg]

One group charges down the forest road, the other two into the flank of the caged Tacam hiding in the scattered trees. The Tacam emerges to take another 50mm AP shot from the traumatized Puma crew (soon to be appearing on Dr. Phil) and thinking that after taking three frontal full penetrations that its gun was most definately damaged, I am amazed to see it fire back at my Puma! So that made four full frontal penetrations before Klauses Puma finally "rams" one home.

The second group of panthers will either catch the Valentine in a sleepy pants down position or find it migrated to the other side of the map with Dave's other tanks.

Strangely enough, this leaves me with the full east side of Dave's map open for pillaging. Unfortunately, I have very little to pillage with. The immobilized Panther can stand watch over the large flag while my heroic LMG guards it, but that is an extremely flimsy defense of a key flag.

It's time to get the Turan Turans on the move and into the main village area to meet my rampaging panthers. If Dave is massing his tanks, I suppose I should be as well. Hopefully the second group of panthers will catch the Valentine napping and after a swift execution, move into Dave's backfield and perhaps even attempt a supporting flank into the west.

Dave is not going down without a fight. The next few turns should be interesting as I advance on the flag and fight the Russian hordes, while tip toeing through the HE of his tanks. If I can stay far left of the flag along the map edge with my infantry, I should be ok. Wished I would have sent my shrecks into the village now.

Cheers!

Leto
05-13-2008, 07:28 AM,
Great AAR, really enjoying it. Possibly some of the most informative screenshots....make it real easy to see what's going on and follow the action.
05-14-2008, 11:36 AM,
I think the brainwashing is beginning to wear off. I'm getting these uncontrollable urges to use the word "sphincter" in a less than appropriate way.

Terence and Phillip materialized in front of me yesterday, much like Yoda and Ben Kenobi, and they told me that I was stong with the force... but upon recollection, they did not use the word "force" but it did start with an "f"...

Think kitties... think flowers... think all the innocent brats that need a err children... innocent, beautiful lovely children!!

(I fear that the Dark side is calling...)

Nevertheless, I must complete this DAR using nothing but sweetness and light...

Dave is calling me names and taunting me in his emails now... I sense something is up... there is a thin veiled bravado that I sense, because logically, the forces he has available are all now in play... I can't see him having any reserves or surprises left... (yes JDSU, I know.... Dave can be a tricksy hobbits... a nasty foul and fat tricky hobbits... he wants to be called Master and keep the presh ous ELO title for himself...)

Maybe Dave thinks that his bombardment of my hill approach has actually been effective? In truth, it has caused casualty zero:

[Image: cage17-1.jpg]

Two T-34's and 1 Tacam continue blasting away at the trees and forest pixies... The Stuart and a T-34 obviously with intents to react to any AT threat are in the village.

The plan is to move en force past the flag building and begin taking the Soviets in the woods to task. All the time staying out of the range of Dave-O's guns.

I'm moving now on three vectors... (urge to use the word "sphincter innapropriately" rising... Rising... RISING... .... .... Fading... fading... RISING!! Fading.... fading.... gone.) within two turns, I hopefully will have Dave surrounded:

[Image: cage17-2.jpg]

The unfortunate son Klaus will be left to defend the Village... really there is not much left...

As I write this, sweat pours from my brow and an intolerable urge to make a fart joke penetrates every cell of my body like a virulent attack of diarrhea inducing ebola... (aghast! bad metaphor)..

Terrence????

Phillip???

Is that you???

"Leto, you are our only hope... you must find the Kroff dinner... and then make ludicrously pedantic fart jokes... Leto.... LEEETTTTOOOOOO...."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Leto

WILL LETO RESIST THE ETHEREAL URGINGS OF THE FIENDISH CANUCK CARTOONISH SPHINCTERS... ERRR SPECTRES? HAS THE HAPPY HAPPY JOY JUICE RUN OUT OF GUMPTION AND MUST LETO USE A HAMMER ON HIMSELF TO STAY STRAIGHT AND TRUE TO THE RULES OF THE MESSAGE BOARD???

STAY TUNED FOR THE CONTINUING SAGA OF THE BLITZ CAGE MATCH:

"THE BATTLE WITHIN*".

*potential innappropriate usage of the word "sphincter" highly possible
05-14-2008, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2008, 03:22 PM by The Coil.)
#hirr#Leto Wrote:MUST LETO USE A HAMMER ON HIMSELF TO STAY STRAIGHT...???

Hehe...
05-25-2008, 09:16 AM,
Hilarious :):) Keep it coming!

Jacques
05-25-2008, 09:31 AM,
You will have to resort to various cultural slangs to ease the tension my fellow Canuck. Try "Boomsy" for eg.. You can't get reprimanded if they don't know what you are saying.;)