• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sicily 43 DAR (No peeking Herr Antoni)
04-25-2008, 07:32 AM,
RE: Sicily 43 DAR (No peeking Herr Antoni)
Turns 10 and 11:

The Allies continued their push towards Messina and Palermo, and despite the arrival of the 29th Panzer Grenadier Division in Messina, Antoni could see that the writing was on the wall for the Axis defenders in Sicily and saved his men any more futile hardships and has surrendered.

I can't blame Antoni for that, his situation was grim to say the least, and as I had secured an overwhelming victory already, it was difficult to see how he could reverse his fortunes.

Well played Antoni, and I hope you enjoyed this brief DAR folks. Maybe Antoni can now give his thoughts on the game. It certainly looks a tough one for the Axis, but for me the key as the Axis (and I only know this as I've played the Allied side now) would be to draw the Allies into the interior of Sicily where their supply is woeful, mainly 8s, which means it is easy for them to run low on supply pretty quickly. Nor sure if it would make too much difference, but it might help.

Now for someone else to try an AAR/DAR?
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2008, 04:48 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Sicily 43 DAR (No peeking Herr Antoni)
Thanks for a great battle mate.

I decided to surrender as my position was hopeless.

This is because I just couldnt get my forces into defensive positions to halt the Allies and once Alisdair had acheived an Overwhelming Victory without taking Palermo the writing was on the wall !.

Well done on your win Alisdair !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
Quote this message in a reply