• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

If you could improve your game - what would it be?
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2008, 11:58 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: If you could improve your game - what would it be?
McIvan Wrote:An assault will suceed unless all attackers are destroyed or disrupted.

This is not entirely true. You can get both sides recieving a no effect result.

Also the attackers do not have to be destroyed to lose a close combat. They just have to take a loss.

Unfortunatley I have seen these to results to often this weekend! :rolleyes:

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2008, 09:25 AM,
Quite right Hawk. It's been too long since I played this game. Sometimes the assaults will fail. Not that often tho, depending what you throw in there. Using several small units is often better than one or two large units. And of course throwing in a leader, in my recollection (albeit now misted by time) seemed to guarantee sucess unless the lot was wiped out....I don't recall such an assault ever failing. I remember one memorable overrun where my Brit cruiser tanks suceeded in overrunning a bunch of Italians despite all three attacking Brit platoons being disrupted and/or taking losses. The leader meant the assault suceeded.
04-22-2008, 09:37 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Quite right Hawk. It's been too long since I played this game. Sometimes the assaults will fail. Not that often tho, depending what you throw in there. Using several small units is often better than one or two large units. And of course throwing in a leader, in my recollection (albeit now misted by time) seemed to guarantee sucess unless the lot was wiped out....I don't recall such an assault ever failing. I remember one memorable overrun where my Brit cruiser tanks suceeded in overrunning a bunch of Italians despite all three attacking Brit platoons being disrupted and/or taking losses. The leader meant the assault suceeded.

Agreed that assaults angainst disrupted units almost always succeed.

I will have to be more vigilant to see if an assult with a leader always succeeds. I think there are a few examples I can try like a 1 SP infantry with a leader attacking 12 SP of disrupted SMG platoons in a bunker. I am pretty sure that will fail. I'll let you know.

Thanx!

Hawk
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM,
I have found that understrength attacking forces get destroyed leaving the leader carrying the baggage :-).......or attackers disrupted with losses....sometimes of course there is a sneaky hidden unexposed unit with opfire off :-).....Eek
04-23-2008, 07:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM by McIvan.)
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:Agreed that assaults angainst disrupted units almost always succeed.

I will have to be more vigilant to see if an assult with a leader always succeeds. I think there are a few examples I can try like a 1 SP infantry with a leader attacking 12 SP of disrupted SMG platoons in a bunker. I am pretty sure that will fail. I'll let you know.

Thanx!

Hawk
That would be a bad example because they will probably get wiped out....maybe something like 3 or 4 x 2SP of rifle platoons attacking 24 SP of SMG troops? That would be a more interesting test.
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM,
McIvan Wrote:
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:Agreed that assaults angainst disrupted units almost always succeed.

Thanx!

Hawk
That would be a bad example because they will probably get wiped out....maybe something like 3 or 4 x 2SP of rifle platoons attacking 24 SP of SMG troops? That would be a more interesting test.

And, remember the "bonus" from attacking into the same hex from more than one hex? ;)
I've always seen a leader help in assaults. :smoke:

cheers
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM,
I'd just like to beat John Given.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM by The Rattler.)
putting a steel bucket on my head like Ned Kelly may help :whis: :smoke:

[Image: nk.jpg]
04-27-2008, 05:24 AM,
:stirBig Grinont play members who kick your a**.
04-27-2008, 10:16 AM,
For me, who would be left to play? ;)