• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Raise a glass!
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM,
RE: Raise a glass!
Weasel Wrote:Guys, this post wasn't to get "atta boys" for me, it was to point out that without great players there is nothing.

Thanks, but please keep the comments to the players.

credit where credit is due oh powerful one. You run a great ship and its shows. You are very well repsected here and that translates when you speak on other forums. Word of mouth is good.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2008, 09:41 AM,
[quote=Steel God]

True Chris...the players are top shelf, there's no denying.

Top shelf! Obviously means something else in North America. Either that or you delete the best posts!
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM,
keepitloki Wrote:[quote=Steel God]

True Chris...the players are top shelf, there's no denying.

Top shelf! Obviously means something else in North America. Either that or you delete the best posts!

:chin: Top Shelf in America means "The Best" and comes from the days when bars lined up their liquor bottles behind the bar (next to the big mirror). The best stuff was on the top shelf, and the shelves below it were lower grades. The stuff under the bar was called pouring stock, not that it matters to this reference, but since I was explaining ... Big Grin
04-16-2008, 11:07 AM,
I won't make comment on that last one :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-16-2008, 03:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 01:57 AM by seabolt.)
zeiss Wrote:hubris

Did somebody call me?

What? Say it three times fast, I might pull off the puff of brimstone schtick. Probably would smell like pork ...

keepitloki Wrote:Top shelf! Obviously means something else in North America. Either that or you delete the best posts!

Dude. It's 2008. We've got the Internet for that bizness now.

Seriously, though, it's very nice to find a community of likeminded goofs. I've loved this game for a long time, because there are few things* more cathartic than to take the field of pixelated battle and do my utmost to render my opponent's icons into electronic oblivion. I play ruthless because I can, without any serious emotional backlash, and I also love this game because it's sophisticated enough that it can't hold your interest unless, at some level, you get what I'm talking about. *Nobody* comes here without being humbled at having thrown away so many little fictional lives, and *nobody* comes here unless they thrive on making me throw away more of them. But we still manage to trade friendly quips in the process. In a small way, it brings to mind our long-ago ancestors, who called it quits on Christmas Day and saluted each other before plummeting 2K meters smoldering and sans parachute. It's just a game, but it reminds us to remain human during the inhuman. Maybe only a game could.

But then I've been drinking heavily. Maybe I'm just talking to myself.

*Once I convinced my team of 12-year-old wannabe footballers to play even in a playoff with a team of head-taller Real Athletes. My son broke his wrist, my star tailback cracked his shoulder blade in half, tears were streaming down the faces of my future band geeks. Nobody. Would. Quit. On. Me. I didn't draw a single decent breath in the fourth quarter. I was terrified that one of my boys that just became men would get flat-out killed. That felt something similar to trying to punk Vesku's Nazi hordes ... ;)

-- 30 --
04-17-2008, 10:53 AM,
On a more serious note. The Sp ladder at the Blitz is a glorious thing. I'll raise a glass to everyone, especially those who have helped me out or fought against me or with me since I joined. :)
Cheers cheers
04-17-2008, 10:59 AM,
im only an occasional visitor but its always a pleasure!
Send this user an email