• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2" Mortar vs Armoured Car
04-12-2008, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2008, 12:16 AM by Chipmunk.)
2" Mortar vs Armoured Car
Here's a couple screenshots from a recent game showing a 2" mortar vaporizing an armoured car. Anyone else ever seen anything like this before? It certainly was the first time for me. Incidentally this was during a play of Mad Russian's excellent The War Breathes Again scenario. I eventually lost but this moment made it all worthwhile.

Targetting:
[Image: ac1.jpg]

Scratch one PSW:
[Image: ac2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2008, 12:13 AM,
RE: 2" Mortar vs Armoured Car
If any in the CM community want to know why I spend time on this board, but don't play the game look no further than this thread.

I love the sceen shots.

Nice shot Peek!

Thanx!

Hawk
04-12-2008, 12:17 AM,
Niiice shot, Peek. I've certainly killed open-top vehicles with those little 50-60mm mortars before, but never quite so dramatically. :bow:

Give that mortar crew a commendation or something.
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM,
Mike Abberton Wrote:Niiice shot, Peek. I've certainly killed open-top vehicles with those little 50-60mm mortars before, but never quite so dramatically. :bow:

Give that mortar crew a commendation or something.

Actually, the Brits ran out of 50mm ammo and had to fire a can of hash at them... amazingly, it popped open as soon as it hit the armored hull and splattered across the gunner's visor slat like a terrier's back end after eating too much rancid sausage. The ensuing projectile vomiting within the AC produced a series of chain reaction events that lead to a clip of 20mm ammunition to be mistakenly placed in the mini microwave (that we know that all German armor carried at that time) when the gunner slipped on the half digested schnitzel gruben splayed across the deck of the AC.

The result is pictured here.

You will also note, the mortarman's name was Ronald Cleese.... father of well known British actor and comedian, John Cleese. The story was retold to a young Johnny after the war, and the ludicrous nature of its basis became the glinting pearl of innovation that would one day become Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Cheers!

Leto
04-12-2008, 12:56 AM,
Did the same thing once with a German 50mm vs. an American open-top armored car. Direct hit into the turret. Once in 7+ years playing CM.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
04-12-2008, 01:51 AM,
!hirr!Leto Wrote:splattered across the gunner's visor slat like a terrier's back end after eating too much rancid sausage.

Pete, you are a disturbed fellow
04-12-2008, 02:02 AM,
LMAO!! :)
You been sampling your dogs pills again Leto? ;)
04-12-2008, 07:57 AM,
I was on the receiving end of a 60mm mortar doing the same to a Sd250/7....but not a 50mm (may that moment never come...)
04-13-2008, 05:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2008, 05:35 AM by Jobu88.)
What are the chances? :smoke: :smoke:

Two days after saying "once in 7+ years" what do I get? Top hit by 155 arty on a Pz IV in a CMBO game.

[Image: PzIV01.jpg]

[Image: PzIV02.jpg]
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]