• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Poll
04-09-2008, 05:18 AM,
Off Topic  CM Poll
Gents there's a poll being taken over at the CM Message Board that's open to pretty much everyone. It is about having the current moderator replaced. The current moderator is RedDevil. You can read all the details and cast your vote over at the CM Board.

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-09-2008, 05:28 AM,
RE: CM Poll
tide1 Wrote:Gents there's a poll being taken over at the CM Message Board that's open to pretty much everyone. It is about having the current moderator replaced. The current moderator is RedDevil. You can read all the details and cast your vote over at the CM Board.

Tide1

This one caught my eye earlier today. It sounds like a real war has broken out over there.
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM,
I apologize if this is considered an inappropriate post, but I'd like to humanize things a little for folks who may consider voting on the CM poll.

The people who started the Petition have a genuine interest in the vitality of the CM Board. It is not a "war" with the prize of "moderator" going to the victor. That's apparent from the language in the Petition, which I encourage any interested person to read.

FWIW, I'd like to note that a number of the petitioners seeking to change the moderator of the CM Board are significant contributors to the CM Board. They have contributed threads in both the Tactics section and the DAR/AAR section. They have also made many helpful posts in others' threads in those sections. Not too mention their other contributions made to the wider CM community, such as creating CM scenarios.

I'd be remiss if I failed to also note that persons on the "other side" of the issue have made many beneficial contributions to the CM Board, including the present moderator, a point that is expressly stated in the Petition itself.

What is at issue is an unfortunate mix of personalities that has led to an ongoing pattern of disruptions on the CM Board.

It isn't about who is a "good guy" and who is a "bad guy".

It's a request to have a neutral person appointed as the moderator to help cool things off and get everyone past this unpleasant situation.

That's it; nothing more.

It's a fair request that deserves a fair vote.
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM,
Steel God Wrote:Ivan, and others...I understand your position and your passion on the subject. I also understand you are not trying to slight Randy's efforts here at the Blitz...and only want a change of moderation...okay, that's what I've put to a vote. But there are many players here who have experienced Randy's moderation skills outside the CM forum, and they should be entitled to a vote as well. He's been here years and had moderated the Sqb, CS and CM forums extensively, plus moderated in the crucible of the old CE forum. People outside CM can have valid opinions of him (good or bad, it's a two way street).

Having said that, I would expect people who have no opinion of Randy to have no vote. I mean, if you really don't care why would you vote. But if you care you should have the opportunity to voice an opinion.

Regards.

As per something that was already explained in another forum.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard