• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thunder, or whoever knows ...
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM,
Thunder, or whoever knows ...
HiHi

Thunder, or whoever knows about these things, how do we go about getting ‘Forge of Freedom’ on the Blitz ACW games list. As other Wargaming clubs have taken it on board already, maybe it’s time we did as well; there are a lot of FoF players out there!

a) for the benefit of Blitz members
b) to attract new recruits; we have had several new folk come over from the Matrix forums through the re-release of the JT Battleground games, some I know also play FoF, so let’s try to keep them coming in.

As you may not have the game and know nothing about it ( http://www.west-civ.com/ForgeOfFreedom/FOF_Index.htm ) could you please put up Idiot-proof details (me being the Idiot) of what you need to know and I will try and find the details for you.

Basically it’s a very detailed Strategy game with an extremely advanced Battle system (well I have not seen better), it covers the whole of the ACW (or shorter scenarios if you wish) and you play as either Davies or Lincoln, with various levels of difficulty (14) you can micro-manage the whole war as much as you like, through Strategy, Tactics, Politics, Training, Supply, Economy, Naval, Population, Building etc.

Sadly the Advanced Battle system is far too complex for PBEM (as I understand it, initiative factoring in the turn structure would mean the game would take years to finish ... [So, who’s in a rush!? :) ] ).

Based at brigade level, the PBEM battles are fought in Quick combat which, while set by the AI, do very much depend of how well you have set up your Armies/Navy, Generals, training, supply, weapons, attributes etc, etc.

Over to you.

All the Best
Peter (The Other Kingmaker)
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2008, 08:10 PM,
RE: Thunder, or whoever knows ...
Peter,
I will bring this request to the attention of the Blitz staff, there are several issues with placing a new title on a existing ladder, if you would be prepared to put some leg work in with the staff the chances of your request succeeding would be improved! :)

Hopefully you will hear from somebody soon......... Big Grin
04-06-2008, 09:44 PM,
HiHi

Sheeee Foul, that was quick :bow:

Yer, I'll certainly do what I can, though I ain't to sure whats needed.

What I thought was, when I knew what you need I would try the game developers see if they could help fill in the blanks, they are very quick with support over on the Matrix forum so ... ?

All the Best
Peter
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM,
I strongly support this idea! I don't play FoF yet, but it'd be cool to see more diversity on the Civil War ladder. Plus also maybe a precident for adding AACW later. ;)
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM,
I support it too, I have only recently started playing FoF against tha AI, but the game system is very intuitive in my view and I'm looking forward to trying PBEM at some stage in the future.

Cheers

Alasdair
04-08-2008, 05:39 AM,
Not forgotten about this.
04-19-2008, 01:45 AM,
HiHi

Bump!

Well, ... it seemed to work on the Classic wargames ladder:whis: