• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Question and New Computer
03-29-2008, 07:09 AM,
CM Question and New Computer
I am in the process to building a new computer, well I only have the processor an E8400 Intel...... I plan to get a 8800 VC, 4 GiG of Mem and run XP....anyway was wondering if there are certain brands of VC I should stay away from or types. I remember there was once a problem with some ATI Vcards no would working as well as NVIDIA cards with CM, or any other factors I should be aware of before I order more parts?

Buy the way I am still looking for some files from a guy named Danny Boy and one or two others. If you are still around I would like to finish our games.
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2008, 08:30 AM,
RE: CM Question and New Computer
hey zemke, how have you been? Did you finish another tour?
03-29-2008, 09:03 AM,
Zemke I believe that ATI cards have problems displaying fog. NVidia seem to be the best cards for XP... but you may have some trouble with high spec cards due to the age of the games.

I got a new Nvidia card so I could display the fog... 2 months later I bought vista... and vista for some reason doesnt have the capacity to display fog!!!

Waste of bucks. If you fancy an ATI card Im sure I have one lying round that is of a half decent spec. But... you wont have your fog.
03-29-2008, 05:07 PM,
I have an ati 2600 card and run vista and the fog shows up and the games runs fine. The only issue that I had was the text in ti fields was blank and had to download a field colour fix that seems to work ok.
04-01-2008, 10:37 AM,
No I plan on getting an NVidia 8800 card. NOT going to use Vista either, just wondering if CM runs ok with the latest chip sets, processor and video card.